close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

pay pal & authorizenet together

Thread began 2/04/2010 12:04 pm by asksales313066 | Last modified 3/10/2010 5:10 pm by Jason Byrnes | 5710 views | 27 replies |

asksales313066

pay pal & authorizenet together

does Ecart 4.5 support the use of Pay Pal Express along with Authorizenet aim checkout from the cart page? If so how should I go about intergrating the two on an existing s Ecommerce site? In short, i already have a website that uses Authorizenet as a paymnet gateway. I would lke to add pay Pal as an alternative. I have lalready signed up for Pay Pal and have received all my credentials to use thier service.

Any ideas on what I should do next?

Thanks in advance.

TW

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you need to create a new set of checkout pages for Paypal using the checkout wizard, make sure they are named differently than the existing checkout pages.

Then on the cart.php page, add a link to checkout using paypal that goes to the paypal checkout page.

asksales313066

Makes Sense.

thanks Jason for that. I thought that would be the best approach but I wanted to make sure I was going in the right direction. I will put it together and test my pages in the sandbox.

thanks again Jason

Tony

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

No Worries.

asksales313066

Just a Question?

can I build a new set of checkout pages that includes both authorize.net aim checkout along with Paypal express button and just use those pages instead of my current configuration?

I am using ecart 4.5

Thanks

Tony

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

When you run the checkout wizard for Authorize.net, it will add express checkout by default. On one of the screens, there is a checkbox where you can select to not include express checkout. as long as you do not check this checkbox, the checkout page will be created with the express checkout option.

asksales313066

Thanks jason for pointing me in the right direction. I have completed building a new set of checkout pages with the wizard that includes using paypal express alongside with authorize.net configs. I have not launched it yet live on my server because I still have a few questions.
1. On authentication for paypal express, it ask for a return url for confirmation. I have an SSL cert. Should I pass the information through my certificate?

2. on the confirm page I can see where the process transaction with paypal action does collect certain information and returns others but I can not see where it populates my session variables to be stored in my database. Am I missing something or is this done behind the scenes?

3. I have the pages set to use the sandbox as a testing server but I am sure about proceeding forward with the test and how I shoud go live once I am confident that all bugs have been rosolved.

Thanks Tony

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

1) at a minimum, the cart page should direct the checkout page on the SSL server. the return page should also be on the ssl server.

2) the session variables are created on the pp_confirm page.

3) there are three server behaviors for PayPal Express, 1 on the checkout page and 2 on the pp_confirm page. you need to edit all three of these to not use the paypal sandbox.

You also need to edit the local checkout server behavior on the confirm page to not use test mode with authorize.net.

asksales313066

missing something

Hi Jason, I went ahead and uploaded my newly created pages on my beta server to test the functionality of the paypal express checkout button and my ups shipping services. The problem I am having is that once my cart_pp.asp page sends the cart session information to the checkout page I hit a wall. It appears that my express checkout button does not want to send anything to my Paypal sanbox server. It just reloads the page but gives me an error 500 with a blank page.

Did I miss some step in creating the checkout pages with the wizard that you can think of?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tony

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

a 500 error message is very vague and tough to troubleshoot.

If you are using E to test, try using a different browser, it may show a more informative error message.

It also may be that error reporting is turned off in php, try adding the following to line of the page you are getting the error on to turn error reporting on:

php:
<?php

error_reporting
(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors','on');
?>

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...