close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Sorting add options

Thread began 2/03/2010 1:02 pm by jaa397769 | Last modified 2/17/2010 3:08 pm by Eric Mittman | 3209 views | 14 replies |

jaa397769

Sorting add options

I am still unable to sort out my add options in admin backend. For example, I enter

Small, Medium, Large, X-Large, XX-Large and my results are always out of order. For example Small. Large X-Large Medium, XX-Large.

I did what I was explained to do in my last thread, but the results are still the same. Please help out guys, my customer is getting impatient, and I don't blame him, he just wants to see things sorted as their inputed to the back end of his shopping cart.

Thank you I appreciate your quick response.

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

What part of the site are you referring to when you say the results are out of order? Is this on the front end of the site where you are selecting the options or on the back end where you are setting things?

Also, what was the solution you tried, do you have a link to the thread you were working with?

jaa397769

Sorting add options

Hi Eric, thanks for getting back to me. It's on the front end. It will not lay out right on the page no matter what I've tried.

I added a table to "options" called optionsgroupdate and set it to Timestamp "CURRENT_TIMESTAMP"
that didn't do anything

I also to out the data in the quotes on the SQL statement that was refered to in another thread.
that didn't do anything.

I just want to simply add my options in the backend such as
small, medium, large, x-large, xx-large and then have it seen like that in the drop down on the front end. I would imagine this is a pretty easy fix. Please advise.
Thank you

Eric Mittman

By default the options are listed by the name of the option. This is controlled by the query on the product details page on line 429. In this query you can update this order by to be based on the id of the option, this will list the options in the order they were added to the db.

The end of line 429:

php:
ORDER BY OptionName", GetSQLValueString($OGIDParam_OptionValues, "int"));

Update it to be like this:

php:
ORDER BY options.OptionID", GetSQLValueString($OGIDParam_OptionValues, "int"));

Give this a try and let us know how it works for you.

jaa397769

This is how it reads now

Do I change this part here,

".$AddToWhere."", GetSQLValueString($OGIDParam_OptionValues, "int"));

to
".$AddToWhere."ORDER BY options.OptionID", GetSQLValueString($OGIDParam_OptionValues, "int"));

jaa397769

Thank you Eric

I got it to work, thanks a lot Eric. Now if we can get that secondary pricing to work, it would be real good. The thread you responded back to me on, I was a little confused by what you were saying. I guess I'll go to that thread an explain what doesnt' make sense to me.

Thank you again.

Eric Mittman

I'm glad you got it to work out. Just for any others that come across this it is not the '$AddToWhere' part of the code but the query code you see just after this.

I will keep an eye out for your other thread.

cj.tung395641

Hello,
I have changed the order code to
ORDER BY options.OptionID", GetSQLValueString($OGIDParam_OptionValues, "int"));
unfortunately this action creates a lot of problem to me.

on the page Products.Detail.php the option presented like what I need
eg., size (the order I insert in Admin)
S
M
L

Colour
White
Red
Black

but
when I try to choose Size S + Colour Red, on the name of product came up Size M + Colour Black

also
I even deleted this product and insert completely again, but still came out the same problem

I notice that when I edit product with a combination of options in Admin, the URL shows for example ProductID=1100
but when I choose the product with the same options combination in Products.Detail.php. the URL doesn’t change but remain the old ProductID=1090.
Then I enter the new ProductID=1100, the product shows up correctly.

Can anyone tell me what is the problem here? THANK YOU
Here is the website product page

Products_Detail.php?ProductID=6

Eric Mittman

I was not able to get this part worked out, it seems that there are a couple other recordsets involved on this page that might need to be adjusted. I tried to make the adjustments and was not able to get it worked out. I have opened a ticket for you on this issue, to update the ticket login and visit your support history.

cj.tung395641

Hi Eric,
I have login and update the ticket yesterday, but seems no engineer reply me yet. How long does it take to reply question usually? Thank you.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...