close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Trying to get the CSS Page to "continue" when I add lines...

Thread began 2/01/2010 8:23 pm by elevy388997 | Last modified 2/16/2010 1:25 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1906 views | 8 replies |

elevy388997Beta Tester

Trying to get the CSS Page to "continue" when I add lines...

Hello,

This should be quick and easy. I made a CSS Sculptor page and when I add text that requires me to add hard returns, it adds a "white bar", instead of continuing the backgrounds I had imported. It is a 2 column, header and footer page. If you need anything else, let me know.

Here is the HomePage for the website. How should I splice it for the CSS extension? D4U_HP.gif

I will also be making this into a template for the site and hope to have one page I can edit to change the logo, navigation, and footer items on all pages of the site.

The subpages will be this exact design except I will take away the log in area and just extend the content area to the left a bit.

Thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Can you provide a link where I can see the problem?

How you splice the image will depend on the layout you choose. You will need to experiment with the layout type you are using.

once you have created the CSS Sculptor layout, go to File -> Save As Template to create a Dreamweaver template. You can then create the sub pages based on the template.

elevy388997Beta Tester

Here is a link to a screenshot of the "white bar".

2-2-20102-56-28PM.jpg

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I need to be able to see the actual page in the browser to look into the css and trouble shoot the problem.

elevy388997Beta Tester

Alright, I am going to remake the CSS Sculptor page with what I believe will fix it. I need to use my most recent version anyways. Ill get back to here with updates.

EDIT:

Here is the uploaded page - index_.html

It is very messy for the left log in column and right content area. I had to play with the heights and so far my best bet is to use "Auto". I need it to just seamlessly add as many lines of background as I need to type. I am pretty sure it is just a way I sliced the design, or have the "box" setup in the extension.

I also need to know how I can create a page in which when I edit the header and footer, it changes it for all pages.

Thanks

elevy388997Beta Tester

Updated Above

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Create a slice that is the width of the page about 10px tall that shows the left column and the main content area with nothing in it. Make that slice the background image to the #contentWrapper and add "background-repeat: repeat-x".

once the layout is created, go to file -> Save As template to save it as a Dreamweaver template. more information on templates can be found here:
dw_templates.html

elevy388997Beta Tester

Hello Jason,

That seemed to have worked (through some trial and error on my part) but now I have a... template problem? I guess. Take a look at the live page : index2.html . Now here is a screen shot of that page in my dreamweaver. DW.jpg . I am trying to get the home page and content pages finished before I start on the database items. What is happening here to make it so "ugly"

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Dreamweaver is not a web browser, it will sometimes not display the page properly. do you see the same problem in the display of the page in the web browser?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...