close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Security Assist Wizard problems

Thread began 2/01/2010 3:04 pm by mr hankey | Last modified 2/23/2010 4:46 pm by Eric Mittman | 1559 views | 3 replies |

mr hankey

Security Assist Wizard problems

Hi,

When going through the wizard i have problems.

When i select a page for "redirect if login succeeds" to a page that data assist create or my index page it says "the file that you have chosen is not based on the selected template, it is not template based...."

it is as i created the data assist insert pages etc with this template.

i also got another error when using this the other day saying that it could not make changes when it was building the pages as it is locked for editing however the file is not open at all.

can someone assist?

many thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

I was trying to get the error you are seeing occur without success. I ran DataAssist and based the pages off a template. I then ran Security Assist and I tried specifying one of the DataAssist pages as the redirect page. It said the page was based off a template and I needed to select a template from the wizard to do this.

I then selected the template from the wizard and made this selection again and it took without issue. I'm wondering if this is an issue with the template file you are using. Please post back with this file so that I can do some more testing on it to see if I can ge the same result.

Have you had the other error occur more than once? Did this happen for you when you were getting the first error? Please post back with some specific steps that you are taking when you get this error so that we can check on this also.

mr hankey

hi eric sorry for delay, it looks like there was an issue with that template for some reason, i delete it and recreated without any issues, although i do tend to get a warning after using an extension in the editable content region saying somthing like"there was changes outside the editable region and it is locked........."

not sure if that is for concern as once i save it and upload it works as expected.

thanks again

Eric Mittman

As long as the page is working as expected the error message should be no concern. This is a common error to see when you are working on templates and it does not necessarily mean what the message says. There is a bit of info out there on this that you could find by Googling it. I get it from time to time but have not had it effect me negatively.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...