close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Siteassist Pro + menu types

Thread began 2/01/2010 10:14 am by f.menten364942 | Last modified 2/08/2010 3:00 pm by Eric Mittman | 5875 views | 12 replies |

f.menten364942

Siteassist Pro + menu types

I use CS3+
Css Menuwriter 104 + SiteassistPro 107

Hello,
I allready cleaned the wincache dat file in Application Data\Adobe\Dreamweaver 9\Configuration\
and I desinstalled and reinstalled Menuwriter and SiteassisPro.

The first problem is that when i made a custom menu layout based on "horinzontal glow" and i want to create a new layout with siteassist professional layouts, i don't have the opportunity to choose the new menu i made, and all the default menu are proposed twice ("CSS Menu Writer Preset: Choose Menu" as wel for the home page as for the content page)

The second problem is that in the layout manager, when i want to change a page with an custom page i made (where i changed the Vertical menu) in the preview i always see the preset-menu i used to made the new menu into the custom page.

I wonder if it should be advisable desinstall all webassist extensions and clean all old stuf
in the webassist maps (Application Data\Adobe\Dreamweaver 9\Configuration\...) and maybe on some other places.

Thanks in advance for your help

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

I think you should clear out your config folder to help you get past these things. Here is a post with instructions on this:

showpost.php?p=12293&postcount=2

Please give this a try and let us know if any issues persist.

f.menten364942

custom menu still not appears

I renamed the configuration, i desinstalled all extensions, i reinstalled all extension, i reactivated all extensions.
I had no errors but one whith iwrite, where i got " error executing... timer wa_iwrite..."

I reimported (whithout errors) custom pages, custom layouts an custom menus

... and i have exactly the same errors!

btw i have the last version of Java installed on XP SP3

i'm sorry but if you can help me...
thanks in advance

Office Guy-172461

You didn't mention whether you remembered to delete the cache file after installing the new extension.

See step1:

Solving problems with Dreamweaver
146/

f.menten364942

customs menus does not appear

of course i did, because de dat-file is into the configuration folder.
I had a brand new and empty configuration folder
%appdata% =>Adobe =>Dreamweaver =>Configuration

thanks for help

Office Guy-172461

But each time you install a new extension the cache needs to be updated and the config folder is no longer empty. If Dreamweaver fails to update the cache after the last extension you installed, it is not going to work correctly.

f.menten364942

custom menu still not appears

Do you mean that i have to remove the cache after installing extensions?
And i have tot do that separately for each extension?

thanks

Office Guy-172461

I usually install one extension at a time to make sure everything is working as expected. Since you have already installed all of the extensions, all you have to do is make sure that the cache has been updated after the last extension you installed.

It only takes a second to make sure that the cache isn't causing any problems before you start troubleshooting. I have a shortcut on my desktop to the folder so it can be deleted easily.

There's more info in the link.

f.menten364942

no cache

I desinstalled again all extension, removing first the configuration folder.
I installed SCC Menu Writer.
There is no cache
I started CS3, only a site cache was builded.
I create a blank page test.html
No cache
I open css menu writer, activate it, chose a preset (horizontal glow), apply, finish, closed css menu writer.
No cache
I saved the file.
No cache
I closed CS3: WinfileCache dat is created 1.163kB

Is this all working like it has to?

Thanks

I re-edit this because another element that maybe can help us to find the cause of the problems

I, of course, have to reinstall all extensions. And awhile installing iRite i received following error:
"While executing timer in WA_iRite.htm, a JavaScript error(s) occurred."

I have the same error when i try to use the extension.
btw i installed yesterday the last version of java, to be sure to have the last version.

Between installations i allways clean the cache.

thanks

Office Guy-172461

Not sure I completely follow you. The only cache I'm talking about is the winfilecache-########.dat file in your Dreamweaver user's configuration folder.

This file is created when DW is started if it is missing. The Extension Manager does not create this file. If you delete the winfilecache-########.dat file it will not appear again until after you start DW.

DW is suppose to update this file automatically but often fails to do so properly. Deleting the file forces DW to create a brand new file and often solves problems with Dreamweaver. This is why you should delete the file after installing a new extension.

1. Uninstall previous version.
  2. Download latest version.
  3. Check for known issues.
  4. Use Extension Manger to install new extension.
  5. Answer "yes to all" if it asks about overwriting existing files.
  6. Delete winfilecache-########.dat file
  7. Start DW.
  8. Activate.
  9. Repeat for next extension.

Make sure that you follow the guide to find the correct location of the winfilecache-########.dat file.

Solving problems with Dreamweaver
146/

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...