close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Shipping rule based on Postcode

Thread began 1/30/2010 7:10 am by jon9173 | Last modified 2/01/2010 10:12 am by Jason Byrnes | 1267 views | 2 replies |

jon9173

Shipping rule based on Postcode

Hi

I need to be able to set up a shipping rule based on the first three charactors of the postcode in the shipping address. Within the Ecart Object I can set eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_postcode session variable == NE3 which produces the following in the WA_eCart_definition_PHP.php file:

function WAEC_WA_Store_Cart_FreeDelivery() {
$totalShipping = 0;
if (true && (($this->InCart("1") == true) && ((isset($_SESSION['eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_postcode'])?$_SESSION['eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_postcode']:"") == "NE3"))) {
$totalShipping += 0;//Result
}

What I want though is to only check the first three charactors so if someone enters NE3 123 the rule will still be applied.

There doesnt seem to be the option to do this within the Dreamweaver eCart Object box so I assume I need to make a change to the definition file.

Unfortunately I am not very fluent in PHP but believe I need to add a substr command somwhere to only look at the first 3 charactors of the 'eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_postcode' variable but I am not sure where it should go.

Please can you help?

Thanks

Jon

Sign in to reply to this post

jon9173

Hi

I managed to get this working using:

function WAEC_WA_Store_Cart_FreeDelivery() {
$totalShipping = 0;
if (true && (($this->InCart("1") == true) && ((isset($_SESSION['eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_postcode'])?substr($_SESSION['eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_postcode'],0,3):"") == "NE3"))) {
$totalShipping += 0;//Result

as I dont really know PHP, I would still appreciate anyones view on a better way to do this or even better if there is a way I can do it using eCart object in Dreamweaver rather than editing the WA_Store_Cart_PHP.php file.

Thanks

Jon

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The only way to do this without editing the eCart Object is to add another Set Session Value server behavior to the confirm page that will get the first three characters of the post code.

On the server behaviors panel, click the plus button and select eCart -> General -> Set Session Value. Select "Any form Post" for the trigger, set the name to something like "First3PostCode". For the value, click the lightning bolt and select the shipping_postcode form element. this will add code similar to:

php:
<?php echo ((isset($_POST["shipping_postcode"]))?$_POST["shipping_postcode"]:""); ?>

you will need to modify this to use the substr function:

php:
<?php echo ((isset($_POST["shipping_postcode"]))?substr($_POST["shipping_postcode"],0,3):""); ?>

Now when creating the rule in the eCart object, instead of using the "eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_postcode" session variable, use the "First3PostCode" session variable.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...