close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

unknown warning

Thread began 1/29/2010 7:06 am by jaa397769 | Last modified 2/01/2010 1:35 pm by jaa397769 | 1933 views | 10 replies |

jaa397769

unknown warning

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/content/r/u/t//html/shop/index.php:3) in /home/content/r/u/t//html/shop/WA_eCart/WA_eCart_Definition_PHP.php on line 479

Please help, I have no idea why my home page will not view right anymore. This is the error Im receiving in my browser. Thank you.

Sign in to reply to this post

Office Guy-172461

Have a look here:

Solving the "headers already sent" problem
148/

jaa397769

Excellent

Thank you so much for quick and easy to understand response. A real value to this community you are.

Office Guy-172461

Thanks for your kind words. :)

neilo

Hiya,

You are also getting extra error messages about a missing connection file.

Assuming that your site is ruttandstrutt.com, then your shop/CSSMenuWriter/cssmw_home/menu.php is looking for the Connections folder in the wrong place.

The menu.php page is pointing to it at: ../../../Connections/powerstore.php, i.e. it is looking for the Connections folder in the root directory, however it seems that your Connections folder is inside the 'shop' folder, not the root directory.

You should change the path to the connections folder in your 'shop/CSSMenuWriter/cssmw_home/menu.php' file to point to yoursite.com/shop/Connections/powerstore.php.

jaa397769

should i just

should I just move the folder neilo? Or change the code? If so what file am I looking to make a change in. Thanks so much for your help.

neilo

Hiya J,

You won't have to move the folder but you may have to make a change to one of your files.

Please could you have a look at the 'WA_Globals.php' file (which should be at 'shop/WA_Globals/WA_Globals.php).

As far as I can tell, the settings in that file may be wrong. They should look something like this:

$WAGLOBAL_Root_URL = "http://www.ruttandstrutt.com/shop/" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Site_Name = "Rutt and Strutt - Store" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Address = "Your Adress for Google Maps";
$WAGLOBAL_City = "Your City";
$WAGLOBAL_State = "MO";
$WAGLOBAL_Zip = "65775";
$WAGLOBAL_Country = "US";
$WAGLOBAL_GoogleAPIKey = "ABQIAAAAXafbUiGiRYj0bogExLhVCRT2yXp_ZAY8_ufC3CFXhHIE1NvwkxT5czkOfeMRZCjwJ7_QG4gFmJ1OGQ";
$WAGLOBAL_localRoot = "/shop/";
$WAGLOBAL_remoteRoot = "/shop/";

The important lines here are the first line and the last two lines. If your lines are different, please could you try substituting the above, and give it a try?

Let us know how it goes.

jaa397769

but

$WAGLOBAL_Root_URL = "http://www..com/shop/" ;

This website is set up in a 'sub' domain named "Shop"
so when you web to it, it's shop..com

Therefore I have the line reading as such
$WAGLOBAL_Root_URL = "http://shop..com/" ;
should I change it to?
$WAGLOBAL_Root_URL = "http://www.com/shop/" ;

Also the other two lines you referenced are just

$WAGLOBAL_localRoot = "/";
$WAGLOBAL_remoteRoot = "/";
not
$WAGLOBAL_localRoot = "/shop/";
$WAGLOBAL_remoteRoot = "/shop/";

jaa397769

I did try that

Neilo, I tried making those changes, when I did, I went to do a paypal transaction to test and I got an error pointing to that ../connections/menu.php so I changed it back and the transaction worked.

Why do you think it is working the way I have it if it is wrong?
Just curious.
Thanks again for all your help. Much appreciated.
J

neilo

Hi J,

You have it absolutely right, I had it wrong. I jumped to a conclusion and fell several folders short.

I made an assumption - based on your first post - that your store would be at yoursite.com/shop/, and when I checked out what appeared to be a problem I didn't stop to think of the alternatives. I seem to be making a habit of that lately.

I apologise for wasting your time,

neilo

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...