close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Sending different emails to different people

Thread began 1/27/2010 11:11 am by mikesp293892 | Last modified 1/28/2010 6:35 pm by Dani Chankhour | 1982 views | 5 replies |

mikesp293892

Sending different emails to different people

I am just learning the Web Assist software but have been hand coding for years. I have just recieved a rush job and can't figure this one out.

I need to be able to:

Send an email to the person who filled the form saying Thanks (I can get that to work ok)

Send an email to people in the office with the info from the form

AND

Send the info to a database.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Judy Perry

Sign in to reply to this post

Dani Chankhour

First you will need to create a record set that returns the list of the emails of the people in the office. Then in Universal Email, you could use the BCC tab, which allows you to send a BCC email, and select record set loop. this will send the email to the office list in a separate email.

To save the form in a database, you will need to use an Insert Server Behavior which is included in DataAssist. This will allow you to insert data to your database when the form is submitted.

mikesp293892

text file rather than database

the client doesn't want a database to hold the form info, they want a
comma delimited (with quotes) text file that includes the "Date" and "IP" when the form was filled out.

How do I set that up?

Dani Chankhour

Do you have DataAssist and Do you have your database set up already, or do you need help with creating the table as well?

mikesp293892

Yes, I have Data Assist, and don't have the database & table set up.

Dani Chankhour

OK, so the first step is set you your database.

You will need three columns: ID, date, and IP.
the id is the primary key with auto increment, and date is a timestamp and set the default to CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, and the ip is a varchar 250.

Next, you will then add the DataAssist Server Behavior, and after you select you table on step 2 when you bind the values, leave the id and date blank and for the IP, set the value to:

$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];

This will store the needed information in your database. As far as saving the data to a text file, i think that would require a little bit of work and some custom coding, but here is a link that could help you get started

file_write_php.htm

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...