close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Images not appearing in the editor

Thread began 1/27/2010 10:12 am by christine310921 | Last modified 1/29/2010 10:57 am by Dani Chankhour | 2864 views | 10 replies |

christine310921

Images not appearing in the editor

I have uploaded CMS to my server and have managed to login successfully so everything appears to be working okay. I have two questions:-

1. I have an existing site and want to add the editor to it. Would the best way to do this be to click on Source code and copy and paste that section as it appears in Dreamweaver?

2. Assuming that this would be the way to incorporate this into a current site I did that and found that the images would not display in the editor. The path to my images in the source code is src="images/welcome.gif". If I upload the image using the editor it appears so where exactly should I upload my images for them to be in the editor. I have over 200 images and do not want to have to click Insert Image in the editor for every one.

Be grateful for some help with this. Thanks,
Christine

Sign in to reply to this post

Dani Chankhour

There is two things that needs to be copied:

1. the include file (<?php require_once("../HTMLEditor/WARichEditorPHP.php"); ?>)
2. the editor source (<?php
// WebAssist iRite: Rich Text Editor for Dreamweaver
$WARichTextEditor_1 = CreateRichTextEditor ("ContentValue", "../HTMLEditor/", "924px", "400px", "Custom", "../custom/contents_insert_ContentValue1.js", "".((isset($_SESSION["ContentValue"]))?$_SESSION["ContentValue"]:"") ."");
?>)

But in both cases you need to make sure that the reference to the files are correct.

christine310921

The include files

Thanks for your response. I still have a couple of questions.

1. Presumably the include files you have are included at the very top of the document? Also I was a little unsure about what you meant about making sure that the reference to the files is correct. All of my files are in a folder in the root directory called CMS so would the following be correct as I am a beginner to PHP. I am unsure if I would need the ../ before the CMS/HTMLEditor etc..

<?php require_once("../CMS/HTMLEditor/WARichEditorPHP.php"); ?>

and

<?php
$WARichTextEditor_1 = CreateRichTextEditor ("ContentValue", "../CMS/HTMLEditor/", "924px", "400px", "Custom", "../custom/contents_insert_ContentValue1.js", "".((isset($_SESSION["ContentValue"]))?$_SESSION["ContentValue"]:"") ."");
?>

2. I want my client to use styles I have set in the site css file so do I have to purchase the HTML editor to enable that to happen? It is about the one extension I don't have but I see I qualify for an upgrade at $24.95 However I don't want to buy it if it will not enable clients to use existing style sheets.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Christine

Dani Chankhour

Yes, you need to purchase the HTMLEditor to add your styles to the styles drop down list of the HTMLEditor. And actually if you decided to purchase the HTMLEditor, then adding the Editor to a different page will become much easier, since you don't have to copy and past the code from page to page. But to answer your first question, the path you have specified seems to be correct assuming you have the HTMLEditor folder under the CMS filder.

christine310921

Error message when inserting php in top of document

Hi and thanks for your reply. I added the following code into the top of my document. All the site files on the server are in a public_html folder and the CMS files are in a folder in the public_html folder.

<?php require_once("../public_html/CMS/HTMLEditor/WARichEditorPHP.php"); ?>

<?php
$WARichTextEditor_1 = CreateRichTextEditor ("ContentValue", "../public_html/CMS/HTMLEditor/", "924px", "400px", "Custom", "../custom/contents_insert_ContentValue1.js", "".((isset($_SESSION["ContentValue"]))?$_SESSION["ContentValue"]:"") ."");
?>

When I uploaded this I received the following message:-
Not Found
The requested URL /public_html/CMS/HTMLEditor/editor/fckeditor.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

However, underneath the error message the site displayed! I checked the file path and sure enough there is no fckeditor.html in the CMS folder. What can I do about this?

Another question I have is your comment "then adding the Editor to a different page will become much easier, since you don't have to copy and paste the code from page to page."
Could you elaborate on this further for me please. I think I am almost certainly going to buy the HTML Editor but would not know what to do with it when I do. Sorry if this is obvious to you but I am new to this. I would appreciate any further help on this.

Thanks........ Christine

christine310921

An update on previous message

There is a file named fckeditor.html in the following filepath
/public_html/CMS/HTMLEditor/editor/fckeditor.html

Still having the same error message as last post though

Thanks

Dani Chankhour

Try changing the include to "../CMS" or just "CMS" for your include.

What i meant was that when you purchase the HTMLEditor, you can just add the HTMLEditor to other pages and it will automatically adjust the path accordingly. So if you wanted to add the HTMLEditor to myfile.php, then you just open the file in DW (in a site) and then choose Insert -> WebAssist > HTMLEditor -> Insert Editor, and then you choose the type of editor (with or with out upload) and then type the name of the editor and click OK, and the HTMLEditor will be added to your page.

christine310921

More errors

I tried using ../CMS as below and got the same error message:-

<?php require_once("../CMS/HTMLEditor/WARichEditorPHP.php"); ?>
<?php
$WARichTextEditor_1 = CreateRichTextEditor ("ContentValue", "../CMS/HTMLEditor/", "924px", "400px", "Custom", "../custom/contents_insert_ContentValue1.js", "".((isset($_SESSION["ContentValue"]))?$_SESSION["ContentValue"]:"") ."");
?>

so I tried this and got the editor above the page as per the attachment.

<?php require_once("CMS/HTMLEditor/WARichEditorPHP.php"); ?>
<?php
$WARichTextEditor_1 = CreateRichTextEditor ("ContentValue", "CMS/HTMLEditor/", "924px", "400px", "Custom", "../custom/contents_insert_ContentValue1.js", "".((isset($_SESSION["ContentValue"]))?$_SESSION["ContentValue"]:"") ."");
?>

Can you help?

Thanks for the info on the HTMLEditor. It sounds straightforward so I will purchase that tomorrow and come back to you if I have problems. I am stumped about these include files though so would appreciate your help with this.
Thanks

Dani Chankhour

You should only place the include file at the top of the page:

<?php require_once("CMS/HTMLEditor/WARichEditorPHP.php"); ?>

but under the globals and connection include.

the other piece of code you would place inside the body tag of your page where you want the editor to show.

christine310921

Confused!

Hi again,

The home page now appears as it should now that I have removed the second piece of code. However I am totally confused about this HTML Editor. You say put the second piece of code where I want the editor to show. I thought the editor was the part of PowerCMS that clients can use to update their own sections of the site? Why would I want it to show on the page? Previously you had said that if I added the editor to my page it would update file paths automatically. That much I understood. I also understood that if I want my client to use my css I would need to purchase the editor which I am going to do today. I hope I am not confusing you here. Let me tell you what I want to do and perhaps you could outline the steps for me.

I have installed PowerCMS and it appears to be okay and I can login and start editing pages. Now I have a large site that I want to allow my client to edit parts of himself. What would be the quickest way to put Power CMS into the site. Do I have to copy and paste the code from DW to the editor having the editor on source code?

I appreciate we have been going back and forth but I just want to make sure I have things clear before I can hand off to the client. Inevitably he will have questions and I need to be able to answer them.

Many thanks

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...