close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Changing Background and Font Colors HTMLEditor Defaults

Thread began 1/27/2010 6:39 am by fire MUNKY (Roy) | Last modified 1/27/2010 1:51 pm by Dani Chankhour | 3776 views | 6 replies |

fire MUNKY (Roy)

Changing Background and Font Colors HTMLEditor Defaults

I want to change the DEFAULT background and font colors to the HTML Editor 2.

Went to the fck_editorarea.css file and changed the Background color and the Font color, I hoped make a difference to the DEFAULT settings. I have a site for a client with a #343446 Background color and #F1F0EE Font so want to represent the Look in the Editor from start of Load.

body
{
background-color: #343446;
padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px;
margin: 0px;
}

body, td
{
font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;
font-size: 11px;
color:#F1F0EE;
line-height: 14px;

No matter what I do nothing changes not in the Dreamweaver Build process nor once uploaded to the site.

What am I doing wrong?

Sign in to reply to this post

fire MUNKY (Roy)

Changed fck_editor.css Files

Okay

I looked through this myself and altered all the fck_editor.css files.
Interestingly as it loads the right background color appears and then once the content is loaded it all disappears and goes back to 12 px font and #FFFFFF background.

In the Styles box the RED Style has the right background color ironically.

I changed the files for all the Editors.

body
{
padding: 1px;
margin: 0;
background-color: #343446;
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 11px;
color: #F1F0EE;
line-height: 14px;
}

What is going on here? I have spent the best part of the day looking this up. There seems to be something called FOREGROUND COLOR but I do not know what to do about that.....I was hoping for some help not to have to soldier on regardless on my own?

Cannot see anywhere anymore to submit support tickets either, just Feedback. Not sure I like all the changes happening to the site.....especially the ones that isolate from direct communication.

Still I live in hope.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

We create support incidents when necessary from this forum. Do you have a url where we can view the problem? That would allow us to look into it and give a definitive answer.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

fire MUNKY (Roy)

Yes

Hi Ray

Yes I do have a link but for obvious reasons I cannot post it here with live data.
Thanks - if you can let me know how to proceed?

fire MUNKY (Roy)

FCK_Config.js

Hi Ray

I was thinking surely one can alter the code so that the BUILD created in the WIZARD allows for a CUSTOM background COLOR + Custom FONT Size and COLOR?
------------------If you can remove this - can you add others?------------------------
FCKConfig.CustomStyles =
{
'Red Title' : { Element : 'h3', Styles : { 'color' : 'Red' } }
};

// Do not add, rename or remove styles here. Only apply definition changes.
FCKConfig.CoreStyles =
{

------------------If these are null can they be set to actual new defaults?--------------
// Other formatting features.
'FontFace' :
{
Element : 'span',
Styles : { 'font-family' : '#("Font")' },
Overrides : [ { Element : 'font', Attributes : { 'face' : null } } ]
},

'Size' :
{
Styles : { 'font-size' : '#("Size","fontSize")' },
Overrides : [ { Element : 'font', Attributes : { 'size' : null } } ]
},

'Color' :
{
Styles : { 'color' : '#("Color","color")' },
Overrides : [ { Element : 'font', Attributes : { 'color' : null } } ]
},

'BackColor' : { Element : 'span', Styles : { 'background-color' : '#("Color","color")' } },

--------------------To me it would appear the solution must be here somewhere and a simple one at that surely?-----------

I do not want the client to set any styles.
The Containers on the Page all have the relevant CODE for this. I simply want them to be able to see what they have pretty much as it will appear. put in new or edited text and be able to layout the text and adding images with upload etc. All the styles are controlled from the page only the Body Content here is being updated to the database.

So I do not really want to start letting them have the Site Style sheet and then Trying to ADD all kinds of inappropriate stuff that ends up making a mess of the page.

In otherwords I just want the EDITOR to have a background and Font of similar color and size to the real Page so they get some idea of what they are doing and its looks something like it will on the actual page.

So you follow me?
So I have tried changing the fck_texteditor.css files to give a new background and this seems to work, except in IE but that doesnt matter because my clients use Firefox. Still it is annoying. The only issue I have now is that Font Size and Color is not being adopted.

I have yet also to sort out the Image Link as well. It seems like an awful lot of effort for something that I have working on another site using DMX Zone HTML Editor. I junked that because of its woeful Image tools, in favor of the HTML Editor 2 because all of my other extensions are WEB ASSIST in the main. So I really want to get this to work properly.

I hope you can help.

fire MUNKY (Roy)

Resolved this myself.

Okay managed to resolve this myself due to total lack of response I am afraid Ray.

I realized iRite was still installed.
So I unistalled iRite and HTML Editor and deleted the Dreamweaver cache as well as the HTMLEditor Folder on the site.

Then I reinstalled HTMLEditor Beta 2.0.1
I created a test page.
I had a CUSTOM CSS style sheet with the Body Font and Background colors I was after in it. I used the Customization to browse to the Style Sheet and Voila on publishing it showed the content exactly as it is on the Webpage.

I noticed sometimes the .js in the CUSTOM folder doesnt always pick up the changes. So sometimes you need to check the file and at the end you will see if it picked up the .css file or not when the styles are available in the options.

My only issue now is IMAGES.
I have to give a complete URL link to the Image to see it or you get the dreaded place holder. I am sure I read something about this somewhere so will look at that issue now and how to resolve it.

Thanks anyway.

Dani Chankhour

When uploading an image through the HTMLEditor, it uses an absolute site relative, so you should be able to view the image any where from your site using that reference.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...