close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Centering Map Whilst Using Dynamic Data

Thread began 1/26/2010 6:59 pm by chevs303419 | Last modified 1/27/2010 9:20 am by Eric Mittman | 1290 views | 1 replies |

chevs303419

Centering Map Whilst Using Dynamic Data

Hi, 3 questions really.

1. I'm using a recordset to drive a map. I can find help on how to set the center point with static data, but not a recodset.
2. Periodically, the map display jumps to North America (NOT Paulo Alto). The addresses plot correctly however and you just have to pan around the globe (AU) and then zoom in to see them. I have verified the addresses manually in Google Maps and most of the time for the exact same postcode search, the display is ok. I have also verified running the SQL I generate that the correct markers are plotted.
3. How do i stop the annoying bubble on the map marker appearing - I haven't checked but I'm assuming it's the last plot in the recordset.

Kind Regards, Craig.

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

Setting the center point should not be any different when using dynamic data. What have you tried? There is a map.setCenter(point, 13); in the php file that you should be able to use to set the center. If you update this code to be like this:

map.setCenter(new GLatLng(30, -98), 13);

You can specify coordinate values as the center point.

For the problem you are experiencing with the map not initializing to the region with your points how often does this happen for you, and are there any steps that you can take that will reproduce this result every time?

To stop the info window from displaying you will need to find some code in your maps php file that looks like this:

php:
map.addOverlay(marker_0_<?php echo $Recordset1_id?>);

/*marker_0_<?php echo $Recordset1_id?>.openInfoWindowHtml(address_0_<?php echo $Recordset1_id?>.infowindowtext);*/

If you comment out the second line like in this example you will prevent the info window from displaying. It is important that you only do this to marker_0_ line that occurs after the map.addOverlay line. There are other spots in the code where this second line will appear and you can't comment out the lines there or the map will not display.

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...