close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

DataAssist Wizard - Search with Multiple Checkboxes - Incorrect Results

Thread began 1/26/2010 12:34 pm by dlovas275157 | Last modified 1/29/2010 12:00 pm by dlovas275157 | 2237 views | 6 replies |

dlovas275157

DataAssist Wizard - Search with Multiple Checkboxes - Incorrect Results

When I run the DataAssist Wizard to create my search.php/results.php pages, my search page has the following:

First Name - textfield
Last Name - textfield
ID# - textfield
Included In Group A - checkbox
Included In Group B - checkbox

The pages are generated properly, however the search does not work properly when I include the two checkbox fields. It always returns 'no results'. To get any results, I have to check both boxes, which is not how the data actually looks.

I cannot find any tutorial/guides related to this. Both fields related to the checkboxes are as follows in my database:
IncludedInGroupA enum ('Y','N')
IncludedInGroupB enum ('Y','N')

I have tried selecting the checkboxes on the search page, and changing the checked value to 'Y' but still no success.

Attached are a couple screenshots to help illustrate.

Sign in to reply to this post

Dani Chankhour

what is the values for these check boxes in the database (are they "y" and "n" or "1" and "0")?

dlovas275157

In the MySQL Database, the fields for the checkboxes are as follows:

IncludedInArtistsExhibited enum('Y','N')
IncludedInArtistsInventory enum('Y','N')

...so inserted values are either Y or N.

Generated Search Form looks as attached.
I also attached a screenshot of the edit I made to the checkboxes. I changed the "checked value" to Y for both checkboxes to match the Y,N enum values in my database (i think that should work?)

See attached.

Thanks for any further help.

D.

Dani Chankhour

I think the issue is using check boxes instead of using a CheckBox group or a Radio group.

please send me your search and results page and a sample of data in your database (test data, not live), and i will do a test to determine the cause of this issue.

dlovas275157

Dani,

Attached are my search.php and results.php. Also attached is a sample of my data as you requested.

Really appreciate you looking at it.

Thanks.

D.

Attached Files
sample.sql.zip
searchResultsPages.zip

Dani Chankhour

The problems seems to be in the filter used for the check boxes. On your results page, open the Server Behaviors Panel (Window -> Server Behaviors) and double click the DataAssist Search Server Behavior, and for the check boxes setting change the filter to "Edit". And then on your Search page, change the Checked value for the check boxes to "Y" instead of "1". This should get you the results you are looking for.

dlovas275157

Thanks.

Changing the filter to "Edit" on both checkboxes worked.

Thanks again! I apologize for the slow response.

D.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...