close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Product Attributes

Thread began 1/26/2010 4:38 am by karl.allen344191 | Last modified 1/27/2010 8:05 am by Ray Borduin | 1359 views | 4 replies |

karl.allen344191

Product Attributes

Bet this is real simple, but:

How do you work with product attributes in Ecart? I am using the database from WA for ecommerce, and need a Size and Colour variable.

How do you add this? i can see where to add the variable in the cart, but i have tried and if i select say "product 1 in red, and product 1 in green, " they just get added to the cart as qty 2 rather than adding unique because the colours are different?

I can see that you can have a cart that update each product with a new cart line, but i dont want that, i want if 2 reds are selected, the qty be 2, and if a green is selected, then a new cart line and qty 1?

Hope that makes some sort of sense?

Thats for any help, and i am using eCart 4 not 5

Sign in to reply to this post

Dani Chankhour

If you are trying to add product options to your products, then the process requires some hand coding. I'm not entirely sure if that is what you are trying to accomplish, but if you could send me a link to your page to help me understand what you are trying to achieve.

karl.allen344191

Hi

what i am trying to do is have a product option for size, so you can select s, m, l or xl.

I want the cart to work like this though.

- If they add 1 large, then the cart shows 1 large of product X

- If they add another 1 large, then the cart shows 2 large of product X

- If they add 1 small, then the cart shows 2 large of product X and 1 small of product X

Thanks

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Add a size column to your eCart and mark it as unique. That way if you enter two products with everything else the same but a different price they will appear on different rows.

In your add to cart server behavior leave the default increment quantity for existing items.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

JLK

not an answer - just a message

Hello,
I am a new member, but I wanted to contact you to say that this is not a simple problem (as it should be) for WA to answer - I have my own thread going on trying to find answers to this common product issue - products with options.
I'm studying a thread that you might find useful - haven't totally figured it out yet but working on it. And will follow your thread to see if you get usable information. (as well as to see what answers my thread gets)
showthread.php?t=8140&highlight=product+options
Good luck!
JLK

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...