close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

eCart 5, in the Cart page problems with Totalprice and quantity

Thread began 1/25/2010 2:37 pm by Alexneg66 | Last modified 2/03/2010 9:58 am by Alexneg66 | 2925 views | 12 replies |

Alexneg66

eCart 5, in the Cart page problems with Totalprice and quantity

Hi all,
in a Cart page the decimals of Totalprice are reduced to zero.
In a products page the Price doesn't directly derive from database, but it is a calculation among database fields that I put in the form variable named "fPREZZO".
In "Add Cart Button" behaviour panel, I set Price for taking data from fPREZZO form variable.
In the product page the price has a correct europen format (i.e.: € 10,65), but when it is used to calculate the Totalprice it loses the decimals (i.e.: € 10,00).

Besides, although I click one time on "Add to cart" button, it happens often but not always that the quantity is more than one. But probably this is another Thread.

Thanks

Ale

Attached Files
atpz_eCart5b.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

I have another issue that I'm working on that is similar and need to do a couple more tests to help determine what may be going on. I will update this thread as soon as I have some more info.

Alexneg66

Originally Said By: Eric Mittman
  I have another issue that I'm working on that is similar and need to do a couple more tests to help determine what may be going on. I will update this thread as soon as I have some more info.  

Thanks Eric
I read your reply after writing my new quote. I don't know if that I wrote is useful data for you.
I add that it is important for me to use a form variable fPREZZO.

I am waiting for you.

Ale

Eric Mittman

I have done some testing with another thread where a problem like this was occurring. It seems that the force decimals setting was not set properly in the cart object. If you can please post back with a copy of your cart page from inside of the WA_eCart folder. The file will be named after your cart with an _PHP.php at the end. You can add this to a zip archive and attach it to your response. I will need to examine this file and do some testing on it. Please also post back with the version of DW you are working with and the OS so I can ensure that I'm replicating your environment.

Alexneg66

Here it is ...

Attached Files
atpz_Alexneg66.zip

Alexneg66

I am working with MacOSX 10.6.2 and CS4 and the last version of WA extensions.

Thank you very much.

Ale

Eric Mittman

I have done some testing with this and found that there can be problems like what you are experiencing if the eCart Definition file is not updated to the newer version when using eCart 5.

I'm posting with a copy of this file for the newer version of eCart. Please backup your current file with this name inside of the WA_eCart folder, then use this one in it's place. Please post back and let me know the result.

Attached Files
WA_eCart_Definition_PHP.zip

Alexneg66

I uploaded the new file that you have sent me. Unfortunately the decimals are no more.

The days pass...
For this web project I have not to make eCommerce with Cart. It occurs to make a shopping list to send via e-mail...
Do you recommend to go back eCert vers. 4 ?

Thanks

Eric Mittman

I'm not sure why you are still getting the result. I have opened a ticket for you on this issue so it can be looked into further. To check the status of the ticket or update it please login to the site and visit your support history.

Alexneg66

I closed this Technical Support Ticket, because I have resolved the problem myself.

The number_format() function causes this problem. So I show the prices with this function to the users and I pass them without to the eCart.

Thank you very much.

Alessandro

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...