close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Power Gallery integration with dynamic CSS Menu Writer

Thread began 1/23/2010 8:35 pm by info266692 | Last modified 1/28/2010 9:55 am by Justin Nemeth | 2832 views | 7 replies |

info266692

Power Gallery integration with dynamic CSS Menu Writer

I’ve created a Web Site with CSS Sculptor 3, CSS Menu Writer & Power Gallery; every thing works just fine except I can’t make sense of various instructions provided with Power Gallery to transfer the Gallery query to the dynamic Menu present in to a view galleries page on the site.

I’m sure the fix is something simple to implement; I’ve searched the forum for some directions but I couldn’t find any thing to help me out.

The dynamic menu shows at the moment the following link: /view_crafts.php?id=[id] and display all the Gallery Titles just fine.

The page which shows (should) the Galleries has imbedded the link:
<?php
$pg_id = '2';
$pg_theme = 'dark';
include('/home/woodwork/public_html/galleries/ribbon_fullsize_lightbox/index.php'); ?>

The problem with this PHP link is that shows only one of the database id all the time and is not integrated with the Dynamic Menu; I’ve attempted to make several changes to this id query but things got just messier with no satisfactory results.

The Power Gallery Database Integration instruction continues to add confusion to my limited knowledge to PHP coding and again they didn’t provide me with any enlightenment or solution.

Can anyone assist me to resolve this issue?

Thank you
Alfredo from Down-Under OZ

Sign in to reply to this post

Justin Nemeth

Looks like you can modify your view_crafts.php page to use this line of code:

php:
$pg_id = intval($_GET['id']);

That would take your id argument passed into the page and cause your gallery to load up using that id.

-justin

info266692

Power Store integration with CSS Menu Writer

Hi Justin,

That worked as a charm, thank you. Simple and effective.

However there is one other glitch which needs some fixing.

The dynamic drop down menu is horizontal one located above the Power Gallery display of images. Both have a mouse over behaviors and the two, at the moment, are fighting for attention. The looser is the drop down menu making impossible to press the latest buttons down on the list. I gather that in somehow I should establish a hierarchy between the two with the menu on the top.

The page displaying the galleries is basically a layout shell with a link to the Power Gallery “…galleries/ribbon_fullsize_lightbox/index.php etc.” while the menu above it is linked to the page through a Template which links the menu to the CSSMenuWriter folder etc.

Do you have a fix for this one? Can you help?

Thanks again from the land of OZ

Alfredo

Justin Nemeth

Sounds like setting a z-index css property will fix it. Do you have a link to view the page experiencing the issue?

-justin

info266692

CSS Menu Writer and Power Gallery glitches

Hi Justin,
Thanks for your reply and the assistance you are offering.
The link to the site is: view_crafts.php?id=6 or any other Gallery for that matter; as you can see the last button of the Drop Down Menu display above the Power Gallery and that is were the problems are.

I gather that a z-index will fix the issue but I'm not sure how to implement it in the page view_crafts.php. I did try to give to the menu a z- index (<div id="topNavigation" style=" z-index:1">) and to the contents area (were the Gallery is displayed) <div id="contentWrapper" style=" z-index:2"> but there is still interference with the Power Gallery mouse-over.

Maybe I didn't do things properly with the z-indexing? Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks again
Alfredo

Justin Nemeth

Edit this file galleries/ribbon_fullsize_lightbox/css/common.css and search for the .pg-rfl .fullsize .fullsize-enlarge rule. It will have a z-index: 100, change that to z-index: 90. That should do the trick.

-justin

info266692

Powr Gallery integration with CSS Menu Writer

Dear Justin & Web Assist team,
Thanks for your assistance, everyone of your fixes worked just fine.
Without you help I would have never expected to find a solution to the mouse-over glitch by changing few numbers in the CSS file for the Gallery. Maybe this fix should be incorporated in one of your PDF instruction manuals for the Power Gallery.

I'm quite pleased to be a customer of Web Assist you support is quite outstanding and I hope it will continue in that way for a very long time. Customer Support really makes a difference don't be sway out of it by any economical rationalisations or the like!

Thank you Mate
Alfredo from OZ

Justin Nemeth

You're welcome Alfredo, glad you got it all working. I'll pass on your suggestion to the documentation team.

-justin

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...