close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

eCart styling issues in browser

Thread began 1/21/2010 12:23 pm by mrobben375515 | Last modified 1/22/2010 6:50 pm by neilo | 1502 views | 4 replies |

mrobben375515

eCart styling issues in browser

when I add a product in on my site depending on the browser i have different issues. In IE some of the column info on the product is out of line and in firefox and safari the whole shopping cart is out of line. Please help...

My site is funphotobooks.com and I think the problem is with the styling associated with the cart.php ...the best way to test it is to select and item from the products menu and add it to cart and see what happens.

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

I have taken a look at your page and compared it with the default one and it seems that all of the parts of the page are the same but the styling has been altered on your page. Were you attempting to edit a part of the display on this page? It looks like the page is very similar to the default page except for the logo being changed out in the header.

You should try to make use of the original page to see if it resolves the display issue. I did not see any major display issues on any of the other pages so I'm assuming that the problem is specific to this page.

mrobben375515

im not sure what you mean by default page but I only tried to alter it after I realized there was a problem with the layout and then I changed it back. Do you mean the template? I put the funphotobooks logo in the template but that's how it is on every other page. Could you be more specific?

Eric Mittman

I'm not so sure specifically what is wrong with the page, it just seems to me that some of the overall styling has changed as I was not able to get the page to render correctly when copying the source.

If you can post back with this cart.php page I can do some testing with yours to see what the exact differences may be. When I find this out I will let you know and try to advise you on getting the display working.

neilo

The cart objects are appearing to slide out to the right, because the closing tag of the productCart (class) div is missing or misplaced. This means that each new productCart (class) div added to the page when an 'add to basket' occurs is placed inside (or appended to) the previous one. They would nest recursively, hence the shifting to the right.

Adding a closing </div> tag in Firebug put it right.

In my cart.php file, the closing div comes immediately before the lines:

<?php
$WA_Store_Cart->MoveNext();
}
$WA_Store_Cart->MoveFirst();
?>

Lines 376-381 (in mine)

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...