close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Error message

Thread began 1/21/2010 9:04 am by mrobben375515 | Last modified 1/25/2010 5:36 pm by Eric Mittman | 1863 views | 5 replies |

mrobben375515

Error message

I'm getting an error message every time I load this page...it's a blank page that i applied a template to so I'm guessing the problem is the template...please help

here's the link to the page:
email_friends.php

and the template:
Main.dwt.php

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

It looks like your paths are not setup correctly, I can see this error on the page:

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'file:///S|/CPC/www.powerstore2/CSSMenuWriter/cssmw_home/menu.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/o/n/e/onetoonemktg/html/email_friends.php on line 198

It looks like you are using file system links to the resources, these should be relative links to the files from the location of the page. How have you got your sites defined in DW? The key to getting the paths to be correct is making sure that you have your testing server information setup correctly in your DW site. When you have the site details properly defined it will know where include files are in relation to the page you are working on and will use relative paths to these files. If the site is not properly defined it will use the file system paths for the include files which is part of the reason the page is not loading for you.

mrobben375515

I think the error might have occured when switching between different sites as you mentioned. I know the site is defined in DW, is there a simple way to switch it now or do I need to delete the menu and create a new one?

Eric Mittman

You might be able to just edit the current menu and reeapply the saved preset or the last unsaved preset to see if it straightens out the paths for you. If that does not work you will need to reapply the menu from scratch.

mrobben375515

I tried to make a new menu but I was still getting the error messages. Should I create a new template?

Eric Mittman

What are the site settings you are using for this site in DW? It seems that you do not have things properly defined for the site. If the site is defined correctly you should be making site relative links to the pages. Please post back with the details of your site including the local and testing server. I'm including some How To documents that we have on setting up the testing server and defining a site in case you need them.

Setting up a Testing Server for Windows
xampp_for_windows.php

Setting up a Testing Server for Mac OS X
mamp_for_mac.php

Defining a Dynamic Site in Dreamweaver
dynamic_site_definitions.php

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...