close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Site Assist Freezzing Up

Thread began 1/21/2010 7:13 am by rchristiansen29367581 | Last modified 2/01/2010 2:28 pm by Eric Mittman | 2238 views | 7 replies |

rchristiansen29367581

Site Assist Freezzing Up

Is anyone else experienceing problems with Site Assist Professional freezing up halfway through the process. I've had this problem on XP, Vista, and now W7. Is there any type of configuration I need to be aware of to prevent this from happening?

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

When you experience this problem what do you see in the interface? Does this occur for you when you are going to the next step or after you make a particular update? Also what is the version of DW you are working with, and the version of SiteAssist Pro?

rchristiansen29367581

I'm using Dreamweaver CS4 and the latest version of Site Assist. The interface is present on the screen, however, the buttons disappear.

Eric Mittman

Would it be possible for you to take some screen shots of what you are experiencing so that I can better idea for what the problem is? This would be most helpful. Along with this please describe your interaction with the wizard and when it goes bad for you.

rchristiansen29367581

Sometimes the buttons are there but this time the screen went blank. Site Assist freezes up as well as Dreamweaver. I have to manually restart through the task manager. I don't know if this is relevant or not but the site I am building is very large (1000+ pages). I wonder if I have to allot more virtual memory to this process?

Eric Mittman

There could be a problem with the amount of memory. I'm not able to reproduce this issue on my end with my test site. I did not have thousands of pages but I did have hundreds. If you go into your Templates folder you should find an xml file there. Please post back with this file in a zip archive so I can try to recreate your site. If I'm not able to get any further on it I will open a ticket for you on this issue.

rchristiansen29367581

is there a way to get you the zip file by other means than this forum. I don't want my zip file to be available to the public.

Eric Mittman

I opened you a ticket on this so we can exchange some file. To update your ticket login to webassist.com and visit your support history.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...