close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Tutorial for AJAX Sortable Rows with Data Assist

Thread began 1/21/2010 12:46 am by anonymous | Last modified 5/29/2015 4:07 pm by Ray Borduin | 33882 views | 82 replies |

anonymous

Tutorial for AJAX Sortable Rows with Data Assist

I posted this in the Announcements section but decided to put it here as well in case someone who would be looking for it later might miss it.

Here is the tutorial to make your DataAssist Results page Sort-able with Jquery/Ajax and then be able to save the new order.

blog_detail.php?id=16

Best regards,

Brian

Sign in to reply to this post

toms016390756

This is awesome, nice job!

dlovas275157

Brian,

I have followed your tutorial at blog_detail.php?id=16

I'm very very close to getting this to work, but I think I have an error in my code on the process page.

Would you mind looking at my code (attached) and let me know what I am overlooking? Much appreciated, as I have been wanting to build sortable tables since ADDT died.

My paths to the js's are correct, so i know that is not the issue.

BTW- The tutorial is great! Thank you!

D.

Attached Files
sort.zip

dlovas275157

Attached is my database table, which may help as well.

I also realized my process page was missing
<?php require_once('../../Connections/connTEST.php'); ?>
So i added that connection include back in at the very top. Now everything runs as it should, BUT it does not save the re-order. Upon redirecting back to the results page, the records are in the old original order.

thnx again. d

anonymous

Hey d,

I will take a look this afternoon... sorry for the delay, I have been out of town for a few days.

Brian

anonymous

Originally Said By: dlovas275157
  Brian,

I have followed your tutorial at blog_detail.php?id=16

I'm very very close to getting this to work, but I think I have an error in my code on the process page.

Would you mind looking at my code (attached) and let me know what I am overlooking? Much appreciated, as I have been wanting to build sortable tables since ADDT died.

My paths to the js's are correct, so i know that is not the issue.

BTW- The tutorial is great! Thank you!

D.  

D,

I found your issue... on the results page, you need to update the hidden field on about line 300... <input type="hidden" name="idorder[]" readonly="readonly" value="<?php echo($row_WADAstaff['ID']); ?>" />

It looks like you still have the variable that I used in my example when you pasted in the input... be sure to update it with the correct id from the table on your page and you should be all good to go.

Best regards,

Brian

dlovas275157

Brian,

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I apologize for taking so long to read your post, I had to move servers and have been swamped since the move.

I will look at it asap (probably early tomorrow).

Again, Thanks.

D.

Jaffa

Figured it out!

Thanks for the tut!

Attached Files
Sponsors_Results.zip

neo314

Hi All,

Thanks for that Brian. It really gave me a jump start on getting some functionality into WADA that I needed if I am to move away from ADDT.

I would like to build on what you offered. I have had this done for a couple of weeks now, but I have been to busy to get it posted.

This method only works if all the records are displayed (i.e. not with pagination), and it also won't work with any filtered recordsets like WADA Search or modifying the SQL of the results page which I will do a lot until WADA can manage based on recordsets.

I've worked out the details and wrapped it up in a class to minimize the number of edits required on the results page.

I'm afraid that I do not have the tutorial finished or the files up for download yet, but I will this week. In the meantime, my blog post (my first blog post) on the subject with a working demo is HERE (http://www.blazingimages.com/sortable-rows-with-data-assist) for anyone who wants to see. I would love any feedback.

BE SURE TO TRY FILTERING THE RECORDSET WITH THE FORM AT THE TOP OF THE DEMO TO SEE THAT WORK AS WELL.

neo314

I posted the files and instructions for use to my blog here: sortable-rows-with-data-assist

I hope someone find it useful. It is working for me so far.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...