close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Build 009

Thread began 1/20/2010 6:11 pm by Office Guy-172461 | Last modified 1/21/2010 3:56 pm by Office Guy-172461 | 2191 views | 14 replies |

Office Guy-172461

Build 009

Well the error message is gone. Now I end up on a totally blank page (3.php)

16 tables were created.

Sign in to reply to this post

Justin Nemeth

Try editing the Connections/PowerStoreConnection.php file manually and change the mysql_pconnect call to mysql_connect. After saving the file, you should be able to restart the install and step 2 will indicate the database has already been setup.

Let's see if this change makes a difference for you. That is really the only code being run before you are getting the access denied error.

-justin

Office Guy-172461

Originally Said By: Justin Nemeth
  Try editing the Connections/PowerStoreConnection.php file manually and change the mysql_pconnect call to mysql_connect. After saving the file, you should be able to restart the install and step 2 will indicate the database has already been setup.

Let's see if this change makes a difference for you. That is really the only code being run before you are getting the access denied error.

-justin  

Just tried this with no change. I'm not getting any error, just a blank page.

Justin Nemeth

Did you try changing line 9 to this? (removes the or die part basically)
$PowerStoreConnection = @mysql_connect($hostname_PowerStoreConnection, $username_PowerStoreConnection, $password_PowerStoreConnection);

The code is erroring out just trying to connect to the database, and really that connection file is exactly what Dreamweaver would output. The other test could be to create a basic php page and only have the connections include on it. My guess is that will still error out.

What kind of server are running on and are there any custom permissions or database settings or anything like that going on? I've been able to run the install fine on linux, windows, apache, IIS here so I'm having a hard time reproducing the issue on my end.

Office Guy-172461

Quick update

The code is erroring out just trying to connect to the database, and really that connection file is exactly what Dreamweaver would output. The other test could be to create a basic php page and only have the connections include on it. My guess is that will still error out.  

I took the original connection code generated by the wizard and inserted it into a blank php page created in DW. I added the word OK at the bottom to make sure the page was executed.

I uploaded this to the same site and used Firefox to display the page. It ran without any errors and displayed OK on a blank white page.

Justin Nemeth

Thanks for your troubleshooting on this. This is a weird issue since PowerGallery works and those first 3 steps are basically the same as for PowerStore.

What about if you make a page with these lines of code:

php:
<?php
require_once('global.php');
require_once(
'../Connections/PowerStoreConnection.php');
mysql_select_db($database_PowerStoreConnection);
?>
OK

If the global.php has lines of code for error_reporting and ini_set, you can change those to look like this to give us full error reporting.

php:
error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors', 'on');

Also, have you tried just using Dreamweaver to create the connection and try and make a basic recordset?

Office Guy-172461

Thanks for your troubleshooting on this. This is a weird issue since PowerGallery works and those first 3 steps are basically the same as for PowerStore.

What about if you make a page with these lines of code:
php:
require_once('global.php');
require_once('../Connections/PowerStoreConnection.php');
mysql_select_db($database_PowerStoreConnection);
?>
OK
If the global.php has lines of code for error_reporting and ini_set, you can change those to look like this to give us full error reporting.

php:
error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors', 'on');
Also, have you tried just using Dreamweaver to create the connection and try and make a basic recordset?  

I will try this when I get back to my office. I think it's more of a problem with the resource checking in the installation wizard than a connection problem.

Justin Nemeth

If that still doesn't work just try changing line 9 to this:
$PowerStoreConnection = @mysql_connect($hostname_PowerStoreConnection, $username_PowerStoreConnection, $password_PowerStoreConnection);

Office Guy-172461

If that still doesn't work just try changing line 9 to this:

This allows me to get to step 3. I'm going to continue now. Report back soon.

Les CrowleyBeta Tester

Just curious... does the database user (the one you're using to create the tables ect) have create and show view permissions?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...