close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Second Looks 008

Thread began 1/20/2010 10:23 am by Office Guy-172461 | Last modified 1/20/2010 12:25 pm by Justin Nemeth | 1094 views | 5 replies |

Office Guy-172461

Second Looks 008

This seems to be worse. I tried it again without create view privileges and got the same errors as before. But this time I can't find the Connection folder to delete. It still created the tables. I deleted the tables again but I can't get back to the installation wizard. I'll keep looking for a way to get past it.

Sign in to reply to this post

Office Guy-172461

Finally got to the Configuration folder but still had to login as root. Still can't get past the error even though everything is correct.

It seems that the installation wizard is intended for the less experienced, but you have to have full root privileges to recover from any problems. I think this is going to be incredibly frustrating for most users.

I would like to see how the new PowerStore works but I can't get past the installation wizard.

I'm going to try to get to the main pages by bypassing the wizard. I don't think users are going to like a bunch of folders on their system that they can't delete or modify. You'd better double your support staff for this one.

Justin Nemeth

To recap, can you confirm these are the steps you are taking?

- upload all files
- change directory to 777
- run install
- enter db info (user has create table + view rights)
- is this where it errors out?

The installer works almost the same as PowerGallery, especially for the first 3 steps of the install. If you have it, have you installed PowerGallery ok in a similar server setup?

The issue with the create view is not fixed in 008 yet, so it is best to just have your user with the create view right. A view is still going to be created, I just plan on catching the error and explaining what needs to be done to allow the view to be created.

Also make sure to restart your browser session so the installer can start from the beginning again.

-justin

Office Guy-172461

Yes this is how I did it. I was able to install PowerGallery on the same server (VPS) without a problem.

The error appears on a plain white page with 3.php in the address bar.

I clear the browser cache and even tried using IE which I never used, and got the same results. I just deleted everything again and I'm about to try again.

Office Guy-172461

Started everything from scratch and as soon as I click the button after filling in the database info, it goes to a white page with the access denied error.

The last version created the tables so I know the credentials are correct. This version doesn't create the tables so I'm dead in the water.

I think I will have to wait for the next version. The storm just arrived and I need to tend to battening down the hatches.

You might want to think about providing a guide for installing it manually when the wizard fails.

Justin Nemeth

I've made some updates to the installer and found a few issues that might causing your issues. The next build will have these updates in it.

-justin

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...