close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

DB insert action removed!!!!!

Thread began 1/18/2010 1:07 pm by mrs | Last modified 1/20/2010 2:28 pm by mrs | 3249 views | 10 replies |

mrs

DB insert action removed!!!!!

Hi, I have just applied the form builder to an existing form only to find that the database insert action of my form is no longer working. It was working fine before hand!

What has gone wrong?

I have also added captcha to the form, but for some reason the I can enter any code and the validation accepts it!!

And consistently during use, form builder crashes Dreamweaver!

Please help me.

Attached Files
bocAddTest.php.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Validation is set to trigger on a form element that sdoes not exist, change line 6:

php:
if (isset($_POST["Default_submit"])  && !isset($_GET["invalid"]))  {

to:

php:
if (isset($_POST["AspectBOC_submit"])  && !isset($_GET["invalid"]))  {

the insert server behavior is also set to trigger on an element that does not exist. change line 30:

php:
if (isset($_POST["Insert"])) // Trigger

to:

php:
if (isset($_POST["AspectBOC_submit"])) // Trigger

mrs

OK, I'll have a look at that, but why should it change when it was working in the first place? The use of the form extension has broken it in some way, so is that something I have done wrong, or is that something just happens and can't be helped?

I can understand why the insert has changed to a degree, but the validation was set up using the form extension, so during the processing and creation of the form, it has changed the trigger.

Now I have said it, the insert behaviour was created with data assist, so is the change due to an unforeseen incompatibility between the two extensions, or is it something I have missed again?

Thanks.

mrs

Neither of those changes worked... the insert failed again, and the captcha validation failed again too!

I am sorry to say that I need this sorted ASAP as it is an online book of condolences for a client who had one of their directors die at the weekend, so I really would like to get some form of validation put up so I can protect against spam bots etc as what is being inserted is instantly visible to the public that know the link. People are waiting to pay their respects so the pressure is really on me :o(

Thanks.

mrs

Are you able to help me with the issues that I am having trouble with?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The forms action has been changed to post to the bocResults.php page, this will bypass the validation that has been applied.

change:

html:
<form class="NewFromBlank_Default" id="AspectBOC_NewFromBlank_Default" name="AspectBOC_NewFromBlank_Default" method="post" action="bocResults.php">

to:

html:
<form class="NewFromBlank_Default" id="AspectBOC_NewFromBlank_Default" name="AspectBOC_NewFromBlank_Default" method="post" action="">

mrs

Sorry, still didn't work!

I have made the changes suggested so far, but it still hasn't validated the captcha box by matching the input text with that of the image, and it hasn't subsequently entered into the database either.

Have you got any other thoughts?

Thanks thus far.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

please send the latest copy of your page

mrs

Here you go. I have also added associated files created by form builder and data assist to see if something is broken there.

Thanks

Attached Files
Archive.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this further. to view and edit your support incident, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...