close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

error '8004020f'

Thread began 1/18/2010 8:09 am by Art | Last modified 6/07/2012 1:24 pm by Jason Byrnes | 8410 views | 13 replies |

Art

error '8004020f'

Universal email. When it sends, I get the following error
error '80040211'

/WA_Universal_Email/CDOSYS_VB.asp, line 149

mailObj.Fields("urn:schemas:httpmail:importance") = mailImportance
mailObj.Fields.Update
mailObj.Send ***this is line 149

It appears that this error message occurs when the server is rejecting this email; we use another server from where our site is hosted. Is there anything that I should be aware of with WA (universal email) that I need to do? Any recommendations?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

First double check that the SMTP server does not require authentication to relay emails.

if you are still having the same problem, In the wWA_UniversalEmail/CDOSYS_VB.asp file, locate the following line:

retVal.Configuration.Fields("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing")                = 2

and change it to:

retVal.Configuration.Fields("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing")                = 1

info12953

error '8004020f'

error '8004020f'

/WA_Universal_Email/CDOSYS_VB.asp, line 149

I' m getting the above error as well. Al thought the mail has been sent I get the error and the page cannot be redircted (thankyou page)

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Send a copy of your page so I can examine the code.

Art

I thought I had this solved. Without my changing anything, it started up again. I tried changing the

"retVal.Configuration.Fields("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") = 2
to
retVal.Configuration.Fields("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") = 1

but that didn't work...

So far we have narrowed this down to it being a problem with our mail server. We use our own mail server and our admin has set it up so that "outside" email addresses (confirmation emails to customers) are not allowed to relay through.

If the email is an accepted email on the server it gets sent out. If it's not an email from our own domain, it gets blocked. So, essentially, EVERYONE but employees are blocked. We could just open it up, but then we get "black-listed." It's my understanding that every spammer will be able to freely pass through.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Configure Universal email to use a hard coded email address for the from address and use a valid email from your domain.

bjgarner241692

I am struggling with this issue on some old ASP sites.
Moving from one server to another.
One site works fine on the new server with no changes.
One failed initially, I tried CDONTS, tried authenticationg, then went back to the original settings and it worked.
Now I have two more that simply will not work.

error '8004020f'

points to a delivery issue I know but I'm stumped.

Is there a step by step for deploying this on a Windows 2008 Server with IIS 7.0?

I even tried a download of ASPEmail but then I get ServerCreate Object errors.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

CDONTS is a deprecated mail object and is most likely not available on your server, try using CDSYS instead.

CDONTS was replaced by CDSYS as the standard protocol in Windows 2000.

bjgarner241692

Hi Jason,
I have been using CDOsys all along. I only tried CDONTS on a whim when CDOsys did not work.
Very puzzling how the same implementation works on a couple of sites but not on others.

In any event, I need to know if you have any tips to get CDOsys to work effectively on Windows 2008 Server.

Thanks,

bjgarner241692

Problem solved. thanks for looking. Recreated the domain and it's fine so it was server side.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...