close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

warning: Mail(): SMTP server response issue

Thread began 1/18/2010 4:01 am by info383269 | Last modified 2/08/2010 2:49 pm by Eric Mittman | 4617 views | 11 replies |

info383269

warning: Mail(): SMTP server response issue

Hello,

I copied the data over to my site and tried to run it for a test only. Once the form is submitted I get the blank form again with the following message on top of the form:

Warning: mail(): SMTP server response: 451 See smtplf.html. in D:\iftpsvc\lightning\www\WA_Universal_Email\mail_PHP.php on line 254

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\iftpsvc\lightning\www\WA_Universal_Email\mail_PHP.php:254) in D:\iftpsvc\lightning\www\contactus.php on line 35

Could you please advise on what to do? The site where I installed the form is:

contactus.php

Kind regards

Jurg

Sign in to reply to this post

Office Guy-172461

Have a look here:

Solving the "headers already sent" problem
148/

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Are you using the Contact Form Solution pack?

If so, take a look at the WA_UniversalEmail/Templates/contactus.php file.

look for the following line:

php:
<?php echo(str_replace("\n","<BR />",$pval)); ?>

and change it to:

php:
<?php echo(str_replace("\r\n","<BR />",$pval)); ?>

---
Office Guy,

When a PHP warning occurs, it does not stop the page from processing, it just displays the error, and continues along processing the rest of the code on the page.

In the case, the output that is causing the headers already sent error to occur, is the Warning.

When the Headers Already sent error is proceeded by another warning error message, it should be ignored.

info383269

Problems with forms

Hi there,

thanks for your assistance, unfortunately nothing seems to make any difference. I copied the original files as well and made only the changes required but even this does not work.

Yes I am using the contact form solution pack that I purchased yesterday. I modified the source code in WA_UniversalEmail/Templates/contactus.php file as well and still nothing.

Anything else I can try, I was under the impression that this is a ready to go product and I have now spent hours for something that should take minutes!!

Thanks for your help, looking forward to a solution,

Kind regards

Jurg

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

In the WA_UniversalEmail/mail_PHP.php file, change line 114:

php:
$lineEnd = "\n";

to:

php:
$lineEnd = "\r\n";

info383269

Form error message

Thanks for this, this has now removed one error message. I still get this message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: waue_definition() in D:\iftpsvc\lightning\www\WA_Universal_Email\WAUE_contact_1.php on line 15

Any idea on how I can fix this? Sorry to be a pain but this extension is not easy to configure and get sorted.

Kind regards

Jurg

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

make sure the contact us page has the following code near line 1:
<?php require_once("WA_Universal_Email/mail_PHP.php"); ?>

info383269

Form error message

Thanks Jason,

unfortunately still no success with this form. Now I get the following initial error message when loading the page contactus.php

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at D:\iftpsvc\lightning\www\contactus.php:2) in D:\iftpsvc\lightning\www\WA_ValidationToolkit\WAVT_ValidatedForm_PHP.php on line 3

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at D:\iftpsvc\lightning\www\contactus.php:2) in D:\iftpsvc\lightning\www\WA_ValidationToolkit\WAVT_ValidatedForm_PHP.php on line 3

After I process the form on this page I still get the following error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: waue_definition() in D:\iftpsvc\lightning\www\WA_Universal_Email\WAUE_contact_1.php on line 15

Can I please have it fixed or the money back, I am wasting my time with this and I do not get paid for this by my customers.

Eric Mittman

From what you are reporting it seems that there are two problems occurring. The first problem seems to be that there is some output occurring on line 2 of contactus.php. This is likely from some white space that is present on or near this line. Getting rid of the output that is specified should get you past the error about the headers.

As for the definition error this function is defined in the WA_Universal_Email > mail_PHP.php file. So long as the include reference is present for this file and the file is in this folder on the server you should not get this error.

I have opened a ticket for you on this issue so that we can exchange files and some more details. To update the ticket please login to WebAssist.com and visit your support history.

Eric Mittman

You updated the ticket to say that the issue with the output already started has been resolved. The other issue you are experiencing with the undefined function seems to be a code order issue that has occurred on the page. So long and the mail and mail formatting includes appear before the Universal Email server behavior code you should not have this problem.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...