close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Internet Explorer problem

Thread began 1/17/2010 4:28 am by kanga | Last modified 3/01/2011 8:03 am by Jason Byrnes | 2977 views | 5 replies |

kanga

Internet Explorer problem

I've been using the Contact Form Solution Pack for some time with no problems until now. With my usual website installed with heartinternet l have no problems with people sending me emails but with a new website which is hosted with 123-reg, any emails send with google chrome as the browser are sent ok but if using IE 8 the emails don't get sent and the thankyou.php page is not displayed.

Any help would be most appreciated and what hair l have left is falling out faster then ever.

Keith

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

can you send a link please so I can take a look.

rehn357859

possible IE8 problem

I have had exactly the same problem occur, but I can't confirm that it's browser specific. Had one person fill out the form, submit (no email sent, directed to thank you page as if it was sent) using both IE 8 on PC and Safari on iPad. Have tried both and cannot reproduce, but I've had several people using the form encounter this same error where (to them) it appears everything is fine but no email to me is generated.
page
signup.php
I did just update my Contact Page script to the 1.0.3 version (errors were with 1.0.0). Hoping this fixes it but unsure that any of the 1.0.3 changes would affect this issue.

Karl

rehn357859

more information

I just read through a bunch of the forum posts and have been doing some debugging. My site is hosted on godaddy.com.

What I'm finding is that particular email addresses - especially those that are yahoo.com and gmail.com addresses, are getting filtered by godaddy's relay server. I can't find the pattern as to which addresses are not getting sent and which are, but I have a list of customer email addresses that fail, and others that work with the exact same online form, browser, everything.

rehn357859

more infomation pt 2

from godaddy's website
"Our mail server will not send email containing a "From:" header entry of aol, gmail, yahoo, hotmail, live, aim, or msn."
Looks like the fix is to send the user's email address as text and have a "from" address that is something like webform@yourdomain.com

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Yes, using GoDaddy, the from address must be a valid email address for your domain.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...