close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

how to modefy

Thread began 1/16/2010 8:39 am by satelliteclub332463 | Last modified 1/17/2010 3:01 pm by neilo | 2818 views | 5 replies |

satelliteclub332463

how to modefy

I read advice given in this forum how modefy writing in banner design but I can not open the source with photoshop or fireworks. I'm using cs3

please advice
best regards

Sign in to reply to this post

neilo

Not sure if I understand the problem; is it that your image editing software won't open the image, or that you're not sure how to send the image to your editor?

You should find you image in the 'Files' paned in Dreamweaver: siteassistpro_images > contentWrapper_bg.jpg (or whatever name it has).

If you have associated an image editor with images or image types in your DreamWeaver Preferences (Edit > Precerences > File Types / Editors) then you should be able to right-click the image in the 'Files' menu and select 'Open with' (To see listed image editors or browse for one) or 'Open with Photoshop' if that was installed with Dreamweaver.

In your image editor you can then adjust the image and, depending what you want to do, i.e. add text, overlay with your own image etc.

The images that SiteAssist Pro provides when it creates your pages do not have editable text. You would have to add text to it using your image editor.

If you meant something else, please could you post back with more details?

satelliteclub332463

how to modefy;

hi Neilo,
I use the wizard to make the template ARTIST color SLATE and in the banner itself is written " WE PROVIDE THE BEST - IN - CLASS
DIGITAL IMAGE SOLUTION "

how can I replace this writing.
sorry, but I am just a novice
best regards
satelliteclub

neilo

Cheers for the info Satellite,

I see what you mean now. The images that Site Assist puts in to the pages are technically 'placeholders' to let you know what the page layout and style will look like if you choose that template. I suppose the thought being that you the designer would probably want to replace the image with one of your own. You would use the provided image just so you could see the dimentions of it and have an idea of what you need to produce.

WebAssist have not provided a file eith a text layer on it - so you would need to import the image into your image editor(Photoshop, Fireworks, Paint, etc) and either modify the background, or change it alltogether by adding a new picture and text.

Personally, I think SiteAssist should provide users with an image with no text on it and an easy way to add your own text.

If it is difficult for you to do yourself, if you want, I could modify the image for you and post it back here. You would need to tell me what text you want on it, if you want it in the same place and any other instructions.

Office Guy-172461

Actually they do:

The source files with Sculptor presets and complete files used to create each layout including the original graphics files with layers, are available in your Download area.
1. Logon to your account.
2. Select SiteAssist Professional.
3. Open the Source files with Sculptor presets section
Each CSS Design .zip file contains the following:

1) output_html - HTML files for each color scheme. Useful for easy implementation into your site.

2) PSD_source - Photoshop (.PSD) source files for each color scheme. Allows for complete customization of the design using Adobe Photoshop software.

3) PNG file - Fireworks (.PNG) source file containing a frame for each color scheme. Allows for complete customization of the design using Adobe Fireworks software.

4) *XML files - XML files used by Eric Meyer's CSS Sculptor for importing each CSS design. (Please note: when importing a layout into CSS Sculptor, point to the zip file and not the XML file.)

*Each XML file references content located within the folder with the same name as the chosen design.
Removing text from original files:

1. Open the .psd file associated with the color scheme in use.
  2. Access the appropriate layer, delete the unneeded text, then add your own.
  3. Merge all layers, and crop as needed, referring to the header and then save it under an appropriate filename as a .jpg
  4. In Dreamweaver, click on the image you want to replace.
  5. Open the CSS tab, and click on background-image.
  6. Use the point tool or folder selection tool to change to your new image.

neilo

Nice one, - cheers OG!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...