close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Cannot edit charts

Thread began 1/15/2010 12:05 am by johnlenehan398025 | Last modified 8/13/2012 11:44 am by richard.abitbol263730 | 6965 views | 16 replies |

johnlenehan398025

Cannot edit charts

Hi

I have Dynamic Web Charts 1.0.4 installed. I can make graphs ok and they are displaying ok. However I do not get an option to edit them in the Web Assist tab.

All I have is two buttons one for "Insert Dynamic Webchart" and another one for "Preset Manager".

In your video it shows a button labelled "Edit in Wizard", where is this button?

The video also shows that you have your charts wrapped in a content div, is this essential?

Cheers

John

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

It does not matter what div you have the chart in, the video is using a page that has a content are defined by a div so the chart is being inserted in there.

To edit the chart you should go into design view and select the chart on the page, when you do this you should get the options to edit the chart in the properly inspector. If this does not work for you try going into split view and select the code on the page for the chart. Let us know if you have any further problem with this.

johnlenehan398025

Still having problems, I'm afraid

Hi

I tried what you asked but I am not see the edit button.

I have recorded a Screenr video to show you what I am seeing. It may help you troubleshoot.

PX1

Cheers

J

Eric Mittman

Thanks for the video, it helps me to understand what you are doing and that the edit options do not appear. Please post back and include a copy of your page with the chart on it as well as a copy of your Dynamic Flash Charts folder from your site. I will use your files to do some testing and let you know what I discover. If the issue needs to be looked into further I can open you a ticket for this.

johnlenehan398025

Edit button appearing now and then

Hi

I installed the extension on my PC which has CS4 and the button appeared and then disappeared again. I have not been able to figure out was has caused it to stop functioning again.

I have attached a zip of a portion of my website and an image of the total sitemap layout. My hunch says this has something to do with the structure of my site, but I have tunnel vision at the moment and require a fresh set of eyes on this.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers

J

Eric Mittman

It looks as though the zip did not get uploaded. The size may be too large. Please try posting back again with a copy of the page in question with the chart on it as well as a copy of the Dynamic Web Charts folder from your site.

johnlenehan398025

Working again!

Hi

Before you spend any time on this. I wrapped the chart in div tags and it seems to working ok now.

Hopefulyl, it will be ok now.

J

Eric Mittman

That is great to hear. Let us know if you have any further trouble with this.

richard.abitbol263730

I have exactly the same problem.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the screen shot is tough to read, but it looks like the chart is in a span. One of the previous posters said they put the chart in a div to correct the problem, have you tried that?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...