close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

shipping fail

Thread began 1/14/2010 4:28 pm by stevej_a2343714 | Last modified 1/18/2010 3:21 pm by Eric Mittman | 1210 views | 4 replies |

stevej_a2343714

shipping fail

I have tried several different ways to debug this. nothing seems to work.
If I disable shipping altogether the transaction goes through with no problems. When I activate UPS I get the shipping fail. I searched this on other threads and have tried the suggested fixes with no luck.

I downloaded the fixes from my updates. no luck.
I pasted the "full request" "full response" code suggested to another user but it does not return anything at all.

I have a test item in my store for $1. I have successfully completed a checkout without shipping but I need to get this fixed.

Please Help

Steve

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

What page are you getting to when the shipping fails? Do you have the full request and full response bindings on this page for the shipping provider that you configured in the globals file?

Please post back with the shipping provider you are using and the exact error messages you are getting.

stevej_a2343714

I pasted the code to see the full request and response but nothing comes back. After speaking to UPS they say replied the following:

Thank you for your inquiry which has been escalated to the UPS API Third Level Production Support team. We apologize for the delay in our response. We searched our transaction logs for instances of your Account Number. In doing so we found seven Rate XML requests which were processed on the 12th. Of those 7 requests 6 of them returned an error stating that the origin postal code must be provided. The other request returned an error message stating that the service is unavailable between the selected origin/destination pair. We did not see any Ship XML requests in our logs for your Account Number or anything returning billing address errors. This would indicate that either your application is unable to connect to UPS or you are not utilizing the Ship API in your application. If you can provide the specific XML request/response pair that illustrates the behavior this will allow us to investigate further. If you are using a third party provider such as a shopping cart you may need to reach out to them to obtain this information. If this is not possible we would request your Access Key. This will allow us to perform additional searches within our logs to see if we can locate some of your requests.

Please let me know what to do from here....
thanks

Steve

stevej_a2343714

I also have tried to change shipping to fedex with no luck. they gave me production access but claim they need more info from your application. I have turned off shipping so that orders can be completed.

please help

Eric Mittman

I have opened a ticket for you on this issue. To update the ticket please login to WebAssist.com and visit your support history.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...