close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

New Power Gallery Site - Two Questions

Thread began 1/13/2010 12:20 pm by shadow329043 | Last modified 1/14/2010 4:54 pm by Eric Mittman | 1270 views | 3 replies |

shadow329043

New Power Gallery Site - Two Questions

Hey Everyone - decided yesterday to add Power Gallery to my PowerCMS based site. Installation went smoothly (as usual) but I do have a couple of questions -

I created the first gallery and uploaded a folder of photos to my site.....I then imported those photos into my first gallery. Do I need to keep that folder of photos on the site or can it be deleted after the gallery has been created?

I am planning on integrating Power Gallery and Power CMS thru the use of the database integration fix. Where do the php file go? Website root??? Power Gallery directory? or does it not matter?

Shadow

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

You can remove the images once you have added them to your gallery, the gallery will keep them stored for you.

As for the include file you just need to ensure that the links to this file have the correct path on the end page. So if you add the code for the include without any subdirectory specified and the pages that the content is supposed to display on are in the root of the site then it should work out. Just think of it like you were adding that code directly to the page rather than through the CMS.

shadow329043

Thanks for the info, Eric. It was just what was needed. WebAssist is definitely helping to me to create the type of site that I can be proud of!

Eric Mittman

That is great to hear, I'm glad you found the info helpful. Let us know if you have any further questions or if you encounter any problems.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...