close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Pay Pal checkout failure

Thread began 1/13/2010 9:16 am by renny1228846 | Last modified 1/20/2010 2:18 pm by Jason Byrnes | 4641 views | 13 replies |

renny1228846

Pay Pal checkout failure

Paypal credentials are in place, the cart is live, but transaction fails for both express and credit card.

I suspect the problem might have something to do with the fact the we are only using the cart for class registrations that do not require shipping so my Global shipping settings are:

/* Shipping Settings */
$WAGLOBAL_Shipping_Enabled = false; //set to true if you intend to use shipping rate lookup.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

add the following to the checkout_failure page:

php:
<?php

if(!session_id()) session_start(); 
echo(
"PayPal Full Request :<br />");
echo(
"<code>".isset($_SESSION["PP_DirectPayment_postedValues"])?$_SESSION["PP_DirectPayment_postedValues"]:""."</code><br /><br />");
echo(
"Paypal Full Response :<br />");
echo(
"<code>".isset($_SESSION["PP_DirectPayment"])?$_SESSION["PP_DirectPayment"]:""."</code><br /><br />");
echo(
"USPS Full Request :<br />");
echo(
"<code>".isset($_SESSION["WA_Store_Cart_USPS_FullRequest"])?$_SESSION["WA_Store_Cart_USPS_FullRequest"]:""."</code><br /><br />");
echo(
"USPS Full Response :<br />");
echo(
"<code>".isset($_SESSION["WA_Store_Cart_USPS_FullResponse"])?$_SESSION["WA_Store_Cart_USPS_FullResponse"]:""."</code><br /><br />");
?>

then test a credit card transaction. this will write the full request and ful response to the page for trouble shooting,

NOTE: The full request will contain sensitive info such as API credentials and CC#, block those values out when posting.

renny1228846

PayPal failure

O.K. I tried inserting that script and received the error:

We're sorry
Your transaction could not be completed. Either your credit card information or billing address has problems and cannot be processed

I tried it with 2 different cards and received the same error. Both cards are valid and all information was correct.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

If you are not seeing any other information than the standard error message, than the code I had you add to the checkout failure page was not uploaded properly.

At the very least, that code would add :
PayPal Full Request :
Paypal Full Response :

to the page.

make sure the code is added between the <body> tags on the checkout_failure.php page and that it is uploaded to the server.

renny1228846

This post has been deleted.

renny1228846

Here's what I got. I x'd out the credit card info and the Paypal credentials.

PayPal Full Request :
XXXXXXXXXXX.20Sale0.200.2WebAssist.eCartPHP.Pro.DPTest Item 10.1262Renny9155 Copperwood LaneGulfportMS39503US228-324-1622AmexXXXXXXXXXXXXXX092013verifiedRennyShermanrenny1@bellsouth.netUS
9155 Copperwood LaneGulfportMSUSUS39503228-324-1622
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXFull Response :
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx010-01-13T20:54:50ZFailure468c33e3382c4Security errorSecurity header is not valid10002Error2.201152253USPS Full Request :
USPS Full Response :

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

That error means that the API credentials you are using are not correct.

Usually it is because you are using Sand Box Credentials and have set the transaction to go through the live server, or vice versa.

It can sometimes happen if you dont except the billing agreement after requesting the API Credentials.

Sometimes the credentials are just plain bad, try requesting a new set of API credentials.

renny1228846

That helped a little. The CC transaction now works, but the buyer is returned to the Cart page after the transaction goes thru and not the Success page.

The Paypal Express checkout doesn't work at all.

Any ideas? My client is getting very impatient.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

What is the full address from the address bar when on the confirm page, and what is the full address from the address bar when it returns the user to the cart page?

When it gets to the cart page, does it show the cart as empty?

to troubleshoot express checkout, add this code to the pp_checkout_failure.php page:

php:
<?php

if(!session_id()) session_start(); 
echo(
"Auth request: ".isset($_SESSION['ECO_Auth_Request'])?$_SESSION['ECO_Auth_Request']:""."<br /><br />");
echo(
"Auth Result: ".isset($_SESSION['"ECO_Auth_Result'])?$_SESSION['ECO_Auth_Result']:""."<br /><br />");
echo(
"Get Request: ".isset($_SESSION['ECO_Get_Request'])?$_SESSION['ECO_Get_Request']:""."<br /><br />");
echo(
"Get Result: ".isset($_SESSION['ECO_Get_Result'])?$_SESSION['"ECO_Get_Result']:""."<br /><br />");
echo(
"Preocess request: ".isset($_SESSION['"ECO_Process_Request'])?$_SESSION['ECO_Process_Request']:""."<br /><br />");
echo(
"Process Result: ".isset($_SESSION['ECO_Process_Result'])?$_SESSION['ECO_Process_Result']:""."<br /><br />");
?>

renny1228846

On the Express Checkout the error I receive is that the transaction failed because of an Invalid Return URL and Invalid Cancel URL.

When I try a Credit Card sale, I am returned to the Confirm.PHP page with the cart full but my credit card has already been charged.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...