close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Creating An Index Page?

Thread began 1/11/2010 10:36 am by www.BigMusicGeek.com | Last modified 1/14/2010 4:53 pm by Eric Mittman | 1640 views | 3 replies |

www.BigMusicGeek.com

Creating An Index Page?

I have used Power Gallery to create a number of Photo Galleries for my website and am very happy with the results. However, I am now wondering if there is an easy way to create an index page (featuring thumbnails) that will allow my users to select from all of the available options via a single page.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

There is not a supported feature of the Power Gallery that will create a page like this for you, it would need to be created manually.

The idea is that you can query the db with a recordset like this:

SELECT *
FROM pg1_gallery
ORDER BY id ASC

This recordset will contain all of the galleries that you have. You would then need to a link for each way a gallery can be viewed, there will be 12 links total. You will have the six types of gallery and the light and dark for each of those. These links will go to a page that you have a PowerGallery code block on that might look like this:

php:
<?php 

$pg_id 
$_GET['pg_id']; 

$pg_theme $_GET['theme']; 
 include(
'C:/Websites/PowerGallery/galleries/' $_GET['type'] . '/index.php');

?>

You will need to add parameters to each of the twelve links to pass along these values for the id, theme, and type. This is kind of a high level overview, how the links look in the end will depend on your page names and locations. Once the links are all crafted you would apply a repeat region around them so that you have a set of links for each gallery you have.

Please post back with any additional questions that you have about any part of this.

mds119803

Eric,

The Power Gallery is fantastic but I also have found that an index page with thumbnails and links to the galleries would be really helpful. Do you think that you might consider adding this as a 'bolt on optional feature' ? - I would certainly pay for it.

Thanks

Eric Mittman

I have logged this as a feature request for Power Gallery so that the team responsible can take a look and make a decision in regards to this.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...