close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

adding a captcha element to pre existing form

Thread began 1/10/2010 11:25 am by edrosenthal350859 | Last modified 1/21/2010 3:44 pm by edrosenthal350859 | 1805 views | 4 replies |

edrosenthal350859

adding a captcha element to pre existing form

i've read but don't understand the document(s) for editing a form.
I have a form created by FB, and now want to add one more element to the form, a captcha field. There is no current validation of any of the fields, either server or client side.
I opened the FB WA->...Insert Form, chose <New From Blank> edit, Group 1 edit etc.
Is FB expecting to see an image element somewhere on the form so that it can interpret
that image element as a captcha? Or does it somehow add the captcha element itself
and then customize it somehow? From the CS4 dropdown there is no insert captcha element, so i am at a loss how to do this.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

When selecting the Category of the Element group you can select security and this should apply both a captcha and a security question.

If you want just the captcha, you can select Form elements from the Category drop down, apply a any of the form elements and edit that group. Then select the field and change the type to Captcha.

edrosenthal350859

re adding a caption

ok i got a few errors from different attemps at this.
1) cursor inside the current form, insert webassist form
left new from blank as is, and clicked edit. the edit form contents window opens.
there is fieldset 1 and group 1 (custom) showing on left panel.
on the right panel shows the form as it is...
it says at the top of the window click add to insert a new form element, or modify any selected form element by clicking edit...
i clicked add and a group: 2 appeared, and i changed
the category to security.
the group: 2 now shows Security.
the screen now shows
Fieldset: 1
Group: 1 (custom)
Group: 2 Security:Security
i clicked on checkbox for continue on same line as group above.
i clicked finish and clicked ok
the css form builder add form window appeared.
the right panel shows captcha and a security question
i clicked finish - it looked fine.
the form builder progress window appeared
the progress builder showed applying server behaviors
it hourglassed for a loooong while
it says it is done then Dreamweaver has an error
"Error generating form:
TypeError: this.themeArray has no properties"

and
While executing timer in WA_SiteTools_Progress.htm, the following Javascript
errors occurred:
At line 215 of file ...Configuration\FLoaters|WA_Progress\WA_ProcessingObject.js"
wa.generate.themeArray has no properties.

on another atempt the progress window wouldnot go away, the fields were overlapping,
and there were two security questions and NO captcha image.
each time i would start with the original and copy to a test page, and work on that one.

Jimmy Wu

Have you saved this form as a preset? If you have you can remove the form, make the modification and then apply the form again to the page. If you haven't you can try saving it as a preset now and going through the same process.

edrosenthal350859

captcha errors preset or not

i think i mentioned this is a pre existing form, so i don't know how preset enters into the equation here. its a big form, with lots of fields.
you have not mentioned this error, and when you have seen it before, or why it might appear at all. have you seen this error before?
nor do i yet know, after repetitions in commenting about this error, whether or not you can fix it, whether it is fixable, because no history of other issues like this were mentioned in your answers. i must say it has been tough getting answers from this forum about what works and what doesn't. i don't know how many hundreds of dollars i have invested in several of these tools, but they are hundreds if not more than thousand on all of them combined. i must admit some of them are unusable and some are not prime time ready. i also have to say that some engineers must be overloaded with their work, because the documents are also not prime time, and it seems the tools are not completely tested. I am a software developer that has been in the business of using developer tools for over four decades, so i feel ready now to say this is a tough business when your tools are not useful. right now i do not feel comfortable about this particular tool, and whether or not it is even possible to find out what went wrong when it does go wrong. I understand that engineers cannot possibly take care of individuals when there are so many problems, but that is not my problem. I have stated sufficiently before what the problem is, and your last answer does feel like a brush off. you can let your superiors know that they will not be getting more dollars from me until the tools are developed sufficiently to avoid this sort of error, and that the documents are ready to be published.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...