close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

installation help for power store

Thread began 1/09/2010 11:51 pm by michaelgreen252387183 | Last modified 1/12/2010 10:33 pm by neilo | 10536 views | 22 replies |

michaelgreen252387183

installation help for power store

Thanks in advance, recieving error in browser after installing.. the rest of the page is blank.

Warning: require once(file:///C|/Users/xxxxxxxx/AppData/Local/Temp/wz88ce/WA_Globals/WA_Globals.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/spotxxxx/public_html/index.php on line 1

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'file:///C|/Users/xxxxxxxx/AppData/Local/Temp/wz88ce/WA_Globals/WA_Globals.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/spotxxxx/public_html/index.php on line 1

Ive followed the instructions in the readme file,, first defined a site in dreamweaver l clicked ok on default .. local root folder:C:\Users\xxxxxx\Documents\spotxxxx\
(remote info) and (testing server) both passed the test ..added site to (url prefix).

pasted the store.sql file into the sql query, confirmed it was completed in structure tab, edited WA_globals with notepad, saved the original file (instructions was not specific as to whether to just save original or upload it somewhere)

i then opened index.php file with dreamweaver cs4 edited suggested contents..the instructions said
Note: If using Dreamweaver, you will want to define a site to this directory and open the file from the Files Panel.(which confused me becuase ive already defined the site in the first step of instructions when i set up the local info the remote info and testing server)
so i saved the index.php file in the site i already defined. (not sure exactly where i should have saved it) ...i hit the connect button and then put.. saved all necesarry files and when cchecking in browser saw blank page with the posted error message. so far ive uninstalled and reinstalled powerstore and followed same steps to no avail. also the only file i see in my dreamweaver file window is my root folder and the index.php file becuase i only saved the global file it did not prompt to send anywhere. not sure what im doing wrong please help.. thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

Office Guy-172461

The error message is saying that /WA_Globals/WA_Globals.php is missing. Did you remember to copy all of the sub folders to your root directory?

michaelgreen252387183

error message

Thanks for the super fast response. What i did was follow the readme instructions word for word.. it did not mention at any point to copy the rest of the files. (you said the error message states that wa globals is not in my files) but i can see Wa_globals.php, index.php, in my cpanel/file manager under public_html. am i supposed to copy every file that came with powerstore. and if so send it where.. and as i said in dreamweaver my site only shows one folder which is the index.php. (im not an expert) am i supposed to copy any other files to dreamweaver, or am i supposed to upload any of these files to my server..if so where? thanks

Office Guy-172461

This is from sp_upload.pdf

Note: With all Solution Packs, you will want to upload the entire package, including all directories.  

The PowerStore solution is just like a complete site, so everything needs to be uploaded to your server. You should not change the location of any of the files. Wa_globals.php has to be located in the original folder.

Just select all of the files and folders and copy everything to the web site root folder on your server.

michaelgreen252387183

upload to server question

ok i think i understand. please correct me if im wrong. so i need every file.. but i have no idea how to get these files into dreamweaver, theres no option to copy the files inside power store...when i right click the files there is an option to (send selected files to ftp site as zip file..the procedure?) ive also explored uploading powerstore directly into my public_html folder but the only file accessable is the main powerstore folder..not subfolders and was not sure if it was correct procedure..so i guess what im asking is am i supposed to list each file under my sites root folder in dreamweaver and then (connect/put) to my server via ftp..if so can you give me any pointers on how to get those files there?
or is there an alternative..thanks

Office Guy-172461

Say you have a folder located at c:\websites\powerstore

You use you favorite file utility (i.e. Windows Explorer) to copy all of the files from the Solution Pack into that directory.

Open DreamWeaver.

Create a site definition in DreamWeaver pointing to your folder:
c:\websites\powerstore

Creating a dynamic site definition in Dreamweaver
151/

Use Dreamweaver to modify your copy of PowerStore. You should never edit the original files.

You can then use Dreamweaver to upload your site to your web server or, even better a stand-alone FTP program.

michaelgreen252387183

uploaded all files

ok ive found a way to get all the files in dreamweaver and uploaded to server, i see all the files in my public_html, folder....
how ive done it is. ive opened the powerstore folder and dragged and dropped to my dreamweaver site folder in with my file window open, under root site name, i see it all there.
however im still getting this error in browser ..and i definitly see wa_globals and index.php in my public_html. not sure whats wrong..

Warning: require_once(file:///C|/Users/michael/AppData/Local/Temp/wz88ce/WA_Globals/WA_Globals.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/spotgrab/public_html/index.php on line 1

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'file:///C|/Users/michael/AppData/Local/Temp/wz88ce/WA_Globals/WA_Globals.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/spotgrab/public_html/index.php on line 1

also i think the first few lines of my index.php file may have changed after my first installation. however ive uninstalled and reinstalled powerstore and these are the same lines present, i could be mistaken but ill post them and i guess you let me know if it looks funny..i dont think ive seen the require once the first time i looked at it..

<?php require_once( "WA_Globals/WA_Globals.php" ); ?>
<?php require_once('Connections/localhost.php'); ?>
<?php
//WA eCart Include
require_once("WA_eCart/WA_Store_Cart_PHP.php");
?>
<?php
$WA_Store_Cart->GetContent();
?>
<?php
// WA eCart Redirect
if ($WA_Store_Cart->redirStr != "") {
header("Location: ".$WA_Store_Cart->redirStr);
}
?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<title>Home - <?php echo($WAGLOBAL_Site_Name); ?></title>
<style type="text/css" media="all">
<!--
@import url("css/common.css");
#outerWrapper #navWrapper {
padding-bottom:0px;
z-index:999;
}

thanks

Office Guy-172461

You say that you uploaded to a web server, but it's looking for local files.

Did you setup your dynamic site definition in DreamWeaver? Are you using a local testing server?

Did you enter your setting into the WA_Globals.php file?

$WAGLOBAL_Root_URL = "http://MyDomain.com/store/" ;
Enter the full http:// or https:// path to your site, including a closing “/”.

$WAGLOBAL_localRoot = "/store/";
Enter the path to your Solution Pack files relative to your root folder of your testing server.
Note: If you are not using a testing server, simply leave a “/” within the quotation marks.

$WAGLOBAL_remoteRoot = "/store/";
Enter the path to the Solution Pack files relative to your site root, including a closing “/”.
Note: If your Solution Pack files are stored at your site root, simply leave a “/” within the quotation marks.

$WAGLOBAL_Site_Name = "Your Store Name Here" ;
Enter the name of your store. This is used in various locations such as on the Order Confirmation page.

$WAGLOBAL_Address = "123 Center Blvd";
$WAGLOBAL_City = "Any Town";
$WAGLOBAL_State = "CA";
$WAGLOBAL_Zip = "12345";
$WAGLOBAL_Country = "US";

See the getting started guide (sp_ps_globals_2.pdf) for more information. Log into your account, go to Download Your Products, View Product Downloads, Support Resources.

neilo

Maybe also check in your site definition under 'Local Info' that your 'Links relative to' is set to 'Document' (not 'Site Root'). It must be picking up the 'file:///C|/Users/michael/AppData/Local/Temp/wz88ce/' from somewhere.

michaelgreen252387183

installation help

thanks neilo, yes my under local info, my links relative to option has document checked off not site root. and ive input my site address under that. my remote info and testing server has all input added and passed test,
so far ive edited index.php, and wa_global.php, ive dragged and dropped all power store files and folders into my dreamweaver file window under root folder, ive clicked (connect/put) i see all files in my server

in my wa_global.php, ive input the necesarry content as follows
<?php
$WAGLOBAL_Root_URL = "http://spotxxxxx.com/" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Site_Name = "Spotxxxxx" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Address = "8899 University Center Ln Suite 330";
$WAGLOBAL_City = "San Diego";
$WAGLOBAL_State = "CA";
$WAGLOBAL_Zip = "92122";
$WAGLOBAL_Country = "US";
$WAGLOBAL_GoogleAPIKey = "ABQIAAAAXafbUiGiRYj0bogExLhVCRT2yXp_ZAY8_ufC3CFXhHIE1NvwkxT5czkOfeMRZCjwJ7_QG4gFmJ1OGQ";
$WAGLOBAL_localRoot = "/";
$WAGLOBAL_remoteRoot = "/";

in my index.php file first few lines as follows, have not edited any.

<?php require_once('Connections/localhost.php'); ?>
<?php
//WA eCart Include
require_once("WA_eCart/WA_Store_Cart_PHP.php");
?>
<?php
$WA_Store_Cart->GetContent();
?>
<?php
// WA eCart Redirect
if ($WA_Store_Cart->redirStr != "") {
header("Location: ".$WA_Store_Cart->redirStr);
}
?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<title>Home - <?php echo($WAGLOBAL_Site_Name); ?></title>
<style type="text/css" media="all">
<!--
@import url("css/common.css");
#outerWrapper #navWrapper {
padding-bottom:0px;
z-index:999;

sorry in not an expert, could you tell me if ive submitted locally or on testing server.? also what i could possibly be doing wrong..is there a glitch, or overlooking somthing.. thanks so much.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...