close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

yellow grunge

Thread began 1/09/2010 11:53 am by gruant2000381341 | Last modified 1/11/2010 11:33 am by Eric Mittman | 2179 views | 7 replies |

gruant2000381341

yellow grunge

I built a form with a really nice design but that yellowey grunge color that Form fillers throw into my textfields is really messing up my design...any ideas on how to get rid of that stuff?

Sign in to reply to this post

Office Guy-172461

Last time I had that problem it turned out to be one of the form fillers for the browser. Don't know if that's the case here.

gruant2000381341

It probably is a browser filler. I really want to find a way to block that from happening on my site for other users also.

It can be really annoying !! In fact, when I log in to WA, I can't even see what I am typing because it turns my type white and the background yellow. I attached a screenshot of it...my id is actually typed in there. So I have to stop and click/drag over it to see what I have typed.

neilo

You just need to specify a background colour for the input fields in you css. I've just spent some time getting rid of the colours in the form fields in the Contact Form Solution Pack contact_styled.php file. They were especially annoying! (Here)

EDIT: Actually, no. The form fields in the WebAssist log-in page are secified by css, so something about your system must be 'over-riding' it. What happens if you preview in other browsers?
EDIT 2: You could put your mind at ease by giving your form-fields background-images (just a tiny coloured (or white) image set to repeat x + y). I'd like to see the browser get past that!

anonymous

gruant,

that is strange... when I log into the WebAssist site, when I first select an input to focus, it becomes the blue color which is on the rest of the WebAssist site. Then if I enter a valid input, it turns to green. If it is invalid, it turns to red. Sounds like what your experiencing may be browser and/or OS specific. I am running Mac OSX 10.6 with Firefix and have not been able to replicate. My guess is that your running IE which may apply its own default behaviors to forms.

Regards,

Brian

Office Guy-172461

Don't forget that they use colours in th UK instead of our US colors. :)

gruant2000381341

Yeah I already had a bg color in mine but it still gets through....nice idea about the image though, I will try that

It turns green on WA's form ? Huh, I've gotten red before but never green...thats just goofy

Eric Mittman

As the designer of the site you can control what css is applied to the form fields initially or when certain actions happen with the use of tools like the spry validations.

If you have a browser add in that fills the forms for you and recolors the input fields then this does not have anything to do with your site or the css you are using, it is an effect of the add in you are using. You should check the options you have for the add in to see if this is something you can change or disable.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...