close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

MySQL Connection Test Error When Setting Up New Database for eCart

Thread began 1/06/2010 9:26 am by zack396934 | Last modified 1/07/2010 4:34 pm by Office Guy-172461 | 3792 views | 10 replies |

zack396934

MySQL Connection Test Error When Setting Up New Database for eCart

I've been trying to go through the eCart Getting Started Guide, and I'm finding there to be a steep learning curve. I'm attempting to follow along with the Blue Sky Music written tutorial, but every time I try to test the MySQL Connection I get an error (see attached screen shot). Can anyone perhaps point me in the direction of the fix to this issue. Something tells me this is very basic, but I'm new to using databases and dynamic sites. Thanks

Follow link to see a screen shot of the error…
mysql_error.png

Sign in to reply to this post

Office Guy-172461

See if this helps:

Creating a dynamic site definition in Dreamweaver
151/

Logging into a MySQL database
149/

zack396934

Still Getting the Same MySQL Error Message

Thanks for the suggestions, but I'm still getting the same error message when I test the database.I don't think the issue resides in defining the dynamic site, because I've followed all the various instructions very closely - the ones at the link you posted as well as in WebAssist's Getting Started Guide.

Has anyone seen this particular error message before and know how to handle it?

Follow link to see a screen shot of the error…
mysql_error.png

Office Guy-172461

How did you setup your testing server? Are you sure it's running?

zack396934

No. I'm not sure if my testing server is running.

That's a good question! I'm not sure that my database is running. I've attached a screen shot of my Testing Server set up in Dreamweaver for the eCart Tutorial. I've set the Testing Server Folder as /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/eCartTutorial. However, for a dynamic site I'm not sure if it should be this, or /Users/zack/Sites/eCartTutorial (this is where I normally test my sites locally), but I know I've tried both and get the same error every time I test the database.

zack396934

Link to larger testing server screen shot.

Sorry, just realized there's no way you can read the text in the screen shot I upload. So here's a link to larger version. Thanks!

testingServer_screenShot.png

Eric Mittman

Once you have your server installed and running you will need to enter a URL for the location that the files will be served from. It looks like you have a file system path rite now, instead this needs to be a web address like path. Most of the time this is going to be like this:

http://localhost/<your site folder in the webroot>

zack396934

MySQL Error 1045

Thanks, Eric! That took care of problem I was having, but once I got over that obstacle I found myself immediately facing the next. Now I no longer get the URL error when I test my database, but instead I get a "MySQL Error 1045" (see link for screen shot).

Any one know how to jump this hurdle?

MySQL_error1045.png

Office Guy-172461

Your login information is incorrect.

See:

Logging into a MySQL database
149/

zack396934

Terminal Issues

So I think you're suggesting that I need to go through the Terminal and change my password. Can I change my password through phpMyAdmin? It seems that no matter what I type into the Terminal it says, "command not found".

I appreciate all the help as I try to get over this learning curve.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...