close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Order Value Judging Success or Failure?

Thread began 1/05/2010 4:27 pm by B Tonkin | Last modified 1/06/2010 7:48 pm by Eric Mittman | 1791 views | 6 replies |

B Tonkin

Order Value Judging Success or Failure?

Got a bit of a tricky situation on my hands and I'm not sure where the problem lies. I've had a couple of orders go through recently that have ended up failing. I'm using PowerStore2 and eWay (an Australian Payment Gateway).

Luckily those clients have told me about it and I've processed the payment manually via eWays web site. Works fine, but through the site it fails. If I do a test run on a low value order ($1) it works fine, but most orders are at least $100. The ones that have failed (all from different customers) are $250+.

Just wondering if there might be an issue with the way PowerStore is configured or if it is likely to be an eWay issue?

Sign in to reply to this post

B Tonkin

Error Report

Here's an error report that I received from a client. Not sure what browser she was on but I tested out an order of $400 and it worked fine.

Her error report ...

isError = 1
errorStatus =
errorMessage = Error: XML not formated correctly to eWAY standards. Reason: Whitespace is not allowed at this location. Error Code:-1072896749
ewayTrxnStatus = False
ewayTrxnNumber =
ewayTrxnReference =
ewayTrxnOption1 =
ewayTrxnOption2 =
ewayTrxnOption3 =
ewayAuthCode =
ewayReturnAmount =
ewayTrxnError = Error: XML not formated correctly to eWAY standards. Reason: Whitespace is not allowed at this location. Error Code:-1072896749

Eric Mittman

Are you able to reproduce this error at all? If it is just an intermittent problem then it may be difficult to determine what the cause is. If you can reproduce the error with some consistency then it will be easier to determine what the problem may be. In the failed orders that you have had to manually process was there anything common about them, like were the items ordered the same or was there a particular option that was present on these orders? If this error is occurring after the user is confirming their purchase you should be able to go into your orders table in the db to see any partial or incomplete orders, this may help to determine what the problem is. Please post back with any details that you can so we can help you look into this further.

B Tonkin

Ampersands

Well ... we arrived at a conclusion. One word. Ampersand.

Products with an ampersand in the title failed. Once we changed it to 'and' it went through fine. Now, what do we do to fix this? We have 499 products entered into our store and without checking them all individually is there any way we can fix this up? I'm guessing your response will be that you'll enter it onto your PS2 To-Do list?

Eric Mittman

Is the ampersand in the name of the product, the description, or multiple fields?

You can use the str_replace function to do the replacement for you on the fly so that you do not have to update all of the products. If the character is causing problems when it is in the product name then you could add the function into the add to cart server behavior on the details. Near line 111 should be the binding for the item name, if you updated this line of code to look like this it would do the replacement for you:

php:
$ATC_itemName = "".str_replace(" & ", " and ", $row_WADAProducts['ProductName'])  ."";// column binding

This would look for the ampersand separated by spaces (" & ") and replace it with " and ". If the ampersand appears differently from this or is in another field for the product let me know and I can help you get it worked out.

B Tonkin

Ampersands

It was in the name of the product. I've added that code now. Looks like it works.

Eric Mittman

Glad to hear that, let us know if you encounter any other issues or if you have any questions.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...