close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Upgraded to Snow Leopard and now can't make a database connection

Thread began 1/05/2010 9:04 am by wilyumcj205276 | Last modified 1/23/2010 8:12 pm by wilyumcj205276 | 3241 views | 16 replies |

wilyumcj205276

Upgraded to Snow Leopard and now can't make a database connection

I upgraded to Snow Leopard and now I can not make a mysql database connection(php) I get HTTP error 404 file not found. The testing server specified for this site does not map to the ~william:Sites:

Web sharing (system preferences) says my personal website address is ~william/

Do I need to change my personal address to 127.0.0.1 ?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

No. In the Dreamweaver site definition, go to the testing server tab. set the URL Prefix to:
~william/

wilyumcj205276

I tried that before I started the thread. It did not work. So I downloaded and configured MAMP. When I tried this connection it said I was using the wrong socket which is /tmp/mysql.sock. Now I'm trying to change the socket to var.......etc by using text editor to reconfigure the etc/my.cnf . Which is what I had to do the first time. But I can't find the file using Textwrangler. ANy suggestions? Thanks

wilyumcj205276

Mamp disables GUI tools MySql Query Browser, so I don't want to use Mamp, because I'm use to using GUI tools. Unless MAMP is the best way to go in the future to be able use CMS like Joomla, or Drupal. I'm not even sure what they do, but I keep hearing about them. Can we do a screen sharing session to fix this issue?
I still keep getting error 404, even when I use http:/10.0.1.2/~william/

wilyumcj205276

DWCS3 keeps giving me 2 identical error message pages. There are 2 instances of mysql in my system preferences. Could this be a problem.

In the connection dialog page do I need to use 10.0.1.2 instead of localhost.(I've tried both ways) I use root for username, and my admin password

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

it sounds like you have 2 different webserver on the computer at the same time, and they are conflicting with each other.

only one webserver can be running at a time.

wilyumcj205276

I deleted the other instance of Mysql in my system. It was the Mysql Preference Pane. Still no database connection. I notice that when I turn off my airport internet, the personal address goes back to ~william/ . I used this for new site definition, and still no connection. I'm really stumped,because I only made about 100 database connections before reinstalling all of this "same" software. I did a timetest.php, and php showed the correct time in browser. When I try to view php pages from dreamweaver cs3 I get Not Found The requested URL /~william:Sites:one/Untitled-1.php was not found on this server. This should be a clue as to some piece of the puzzle is missing. Mysql is on, php is working. Apache has to be working for Php to be enabled .......right? Thanks for your help
Wiliam

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

What are the settings in your Dreamweaver site?

Can you post screen shots of the local info and testing server panel of the site definition?
You will probably need to compress them into a zip file and attach the zip file to send viewable images.

garry.bradley337443

Did this come to anything Jason? I've got a similar problem in a new thread (Very simple Mac localhost problem), my server is running fine though using MAMP.

Can't seem to get the path right to my localhost though.

Thanks

wilyumcj205276

screen shots

Sorry it took me so long, but I had to go on a business trip. Here are the screen shots you requested. It seems someone else has the same problem. Did they resolve it? Thanks!
William

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...