close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PowerCMS 1.0.2: Two questions:

Thread began 1/01/2010 1:29 pm by neilo | Last modified 1/05/2010 10:18 pm by Dani Chankhour | 3109 views | 9 replies |

neilo

PowerCMS 1.0.2: Two questions:

Q1:

Why, in my downloads page, is there no documentation for HTML Editor? All that there is is the extension itself, nothing more. I know I can access it via the support pages, but am suffering deprivation anxiety. (My account: neil(at)yahoodie.co.uk)

Q2:

In the new PowerCMS set-up (1.0.2), what needs to happen to enable the Advanced File Manager? I assumed that all that needed to be done was to enable it :

Global File Upload Settings > Customise, and allow access to Administrator (as the Administrator will have already logged in).

I thought the new CMS would be set up for this to be enough. However, this directs to the error page. Do I need to add a 'require once' for the WA_Globals.php in the 'kfm/index.php' file? Do I still need to run a separate instance of SecurityAssist (despite there being a SA folder included in PCMS) and create a user database despite there being only one user? Does the configuration for Advanced File Manager create the necessary tables in the existing database for its purposes?

Pending the issue of a tutorial (anybody?) any info would be much appreciated.

Sign in to reply to this post

shadow329043

kind of like the same questions that I have - I enabled the file management and found a second HTMLeditor folder was created under my web site root - see my post "Where are my images files going?"

Shadow

neilo

Yes - I thought that issue had been resolved, but apparently not. Any accessing of the Editor GUI (i.e. to try to enable Advanced File Management) creates a fresh HTML Editor in the root directory, and updates the open pages to look for the connections folder in the root also- not that that's a big problem. So I'm assuming that this installation (unless one doesn't need to edit anything at all) is built to have all files and folders in the root directory, which I can't have.

The only way round it that I could find was to create a duplicate site definition in Dreamweaver, and specify the CMS directory as the Local Root Folder, thus forcing the HTML Editor to respect my preferred site structure. This works nicely, but shouldn't (in my opinion) be necessary. I thought the paths issues were sorted.

Would love to hear from someone who has managed to get the Advanced File Management features working. The ability to delete files that one has uploaded (without an FTP program) is, to my mind, a basic feature. Some documentation to explain the procedures would be nice too.

shadow329043

wouldn't that say that the cms solution was meant to be in the website root? I planned on doing some customizations to the cms solution, but such a setup would not allow for other solutions that use a WA_Globals folder. The moment that I edited the HTMLeditor instance the folder was created in the root - so I should assume that any of the other extensions that I use will do the same thing - makes maintenance of the solution a nightmare! Duplicate folders all over the place.

neilo

Yes, but if you have a duplicate site definition in Dreamweaver with your CMS folder designated as the Local Root Folder, there shouldn't be a problem making adjustments. As far as Dreamweaver knows, the CMS folder is your entire site!

Seems to do the trick.

shadow329043

Hmmmmm - I will have to try that!

shadow329043

I have to admit that your suggestion does make it simplier to edit the HTMLeditor instance. The instance even behaves differently when edited (it showed Advance File enabled under the preset which it did not before). I even thought it might cure a problem that I was having with the insert content page disappearing when the instance was edited - but it didn't.

Dani Chankhour

The new dot release of PowerCMS already have the Advanced Uploading enabled by default, you don't have to reenter the Editor to make this change.

If you want to make a change to where the files are saved, you also don't have to reenter the editor, you could make this change by going to the Insert -> WebAssist -> HTMLEditor -> Site Settings and make the change there.

neilo

This post has been deleted.

neilo

This post has been deleted.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...