close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

CSS form builder documentation???

Thread began 1/01/2010 12:25 pm by tone397472 | Last modified 1/07/2010 12:38 pm by Eric Mittman | 1801 views | 6 replies |

tone397472

CSS form builder documentation???

Just purchased CSS Form Builder and...

Hi, Looking for some proper documentation for CSS form Builder. After inserting a form I get tons of CSS styles. The manuals I downloaded explain almost nothing. I was also looking at the Dynamic Suite, but as there seems to be no email support and poor documentation with the software I have put that purchase on hold. When you look at all the stuff I have from P7 and the excellent manuals you get there you guys can learn something from them.
I'm very disappointed for now. I have no time asking all those questions and being busy with soft ware that advertises to be so handy and fast. I've been looking at the documentation of the Dynamic Suite and it's the same story unclear written by tech.nurds and not educational writers. When I buy software I want to have the full knowledge of the product and not only a introduction!

Happy 2010

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

The CSS Form Builder tool is designed to help you craft advanced css designed forms including validation for the forms. The tool will generate a bit of css to accomplish this. Is there something specific that you are trying to do with the tool that you do not know how to do or an interface that you do not understand? If we are missing anything in the documentation or it is difficult to understand please be specific about what parts you are having trouble with or missing so that we can look into that.

As far as support goes it is done here through this public forum, however if you are subscribed to the thread you should receive responses via email. If your issue is a more complex one that requires exchanging files or sensitive information we can open a private support ticket for you.

tone397472

Hi, When editing a existing form "radio buttons" who are placed vertical, become placed horizontal the same for check boxes. I removed the validation code like the manual suggested before. Some times (the big fill -in) "text area" becomes wider then the form and the div where it is placed in. Form builder always selects the (whole?) form to edit.
Form-builder moves the edited form to the bottom of the page. This is all with forms created in Dream Weaver self nothing strange or exotic.

When making a new form on a new page. The page is a normal <body>, #wrapper and #form structure. (1 tag and two DIV's) On the contact-form the hours in the scroll-panel are not aligned. Some lines appear on the left and top. Some text is higher placed (2 px) then the text next to it.

And I'm looking for a good tutorial to explain the Dynamic-Suite and Form-Builder working all together!

Greetings David

Eric Mittman

The things that you have mentioned here could be controlled by editing the contents of the form or editing it design.

For the radio group issue you are dealing with you should edit the contents and edit the fieldset group that the radio is in. When you edit this group select the radio group and from the size dropdown select and select one column. This will get the radio buttons to appear vertically.

You could do almost the same thing for you text area. You can just adjust the size of it. As for the other general alignment and display issues I think if I could see the page I would be able to offer you some more specific advice on dealing with these things. If you can please post back with a link to the page so we can check it out. Also let us know if you have any more questions about any part of this.

tone397472

Hi
I did try to edit, but did not succeed it became a mess. I can't edit a form made with Form-Builder. I do exactly what the manual explains, but no image appears in the preview when I push the edit button and there is no tree to choose from like 1 or 2. And I never received a support email since the first posting on this forum.

greggring

Welcome to the club.

You're not alone in your frustration. There are no good manuals. The "helpers" here don't work in the real world. I had the same problem today with the "Modify Existing Forms" PDF.

All I wanted to do was take my existing form, which I worked very hard to get just right, then add datepickers and do field validation. The *&^%$ goes wild and tries to validate every single field and totally messes up my form layout.

If I ask a question here I'll get an answer in a couple of days (I see it took them 4 days to get to you) but it won't be a real answer, it will be a question. Eventually, and indirectly, by their lame suggestions you'll finally figure it out for yourself or you'll go to hotscripts and find something that gets you close enough to what you thought you could accomplish in the first place.

They don't realize that we work on deadlines and we want to use their software to help us get things done faster. We don't have 4 to 6 days to figure out how to manually manipulate their buggy software.

Eric Mittman

To greggring, I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment. If you find that there is something in the documentation that is not correct, missing, or does not work out for you please let us know so that we can get the documentation updated to address the issue.

As for the validations that have been applied to your form you can turn these off within CSS Form Builder. When you edit an input group and have the individual element selected there is a checkbox for applying validation to that element. If you do not want validation applied you can uncheck the box.

As for the response time January first was a holiday for us as it was for most people, the fourth was the Monday after and the first day back in the office.

To tone397472, I'm opening a ticket for you on this as I'm not familiar with the issues you are describing. To update your ticket please login to WebAssist.com and visit your support history.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...