close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Fieldset/legend display error

Thread began 12/29/2009 1:43 pm by FrankJay | Last modified 1/12/2010 10:05 am by Jimmy Wu | 3812 views | 9 replies |

FrankJay

Fieldset/legend display error

I am getting a recurring error on the various forms that I have created using the form builder. I am inserting the form onto a contact page that has been created with CSS sculptor 3. The contact page is a two column layout.

The display error I get occurs only when I insert the form into this two column page layout. On a standard one column page I do not get this display error. The Fieldset/legend border seems to split perform in half. I have attached both screenshots of the forms in the different pages.

I have spent endless hours trying to resolve this issue. Any assistance would be highly appreciated.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

What is the width of the surrounding container(s) for the form that is having an error?

Could you post a link to a page that I can see the error occurring?

FrankJay

Correct Display

form_test.php

Incorrect Display

contact.php

Surrounding container width details:

#outerWrapper {
background-color: #fff;
margin: 0 auto 0 auto; /* Sets the margin properties for an element using shorthand notation (top, right, bottom, left) */
text-align: left; /* Redefines the text alignment defined by the body element. */
width: 960px;
}

#outerWrapper #contentWrapper #leftColumn1 {
background-color: #FFFF99;
border-right: solid 1px #996600; /* Sets the right border properties for an element using shorthand notation */
float: left;
padding: 10px 10px 10px 10px; /* Sets the padding properties for an element using shorthand notation (top, right, bottom, left) */
width: 200px;
}

#outerWrapper #contentWrapper #content {
margin-top: 0;
margin-right: 0px;
margin-bottom: 0;
margin-left: 220px;
padding-top: 0px;
padding-right: 10px;
padding-bottom: 10px;
padding-left: 10px;
}

Thanks Jimmy

Jimmy Wu

The contact form shows up correctly when I take a look at that link in the browser. What browser are you using to view the pages?

FrankJay

I get the display error on both IE 6 & IE7. FF displays form correctly but below left column div. Please help with css code and where to place to correct FF error.

Jimmy Wu

You will have to set the position to absolute form.CSat_Yellow CSS block to get the form to position correctly on the page in FF. You will also have to set the height of the containing box so that the bottom of the form is not cut off.

For the form not displaying correctly, try setting the width to something greater than 960px on the outerWrapper, which it is set to currently.

FrankJay

Positioning problem

Greetings Jimmy,

I have been away on extended leave.

I have set the form block to absolute positioning.

The paragraph below the form has now moved up to above the form block. The form also overlaps the footer of the page.

Any suggestions to correct this.

Jimmy Wu

What you can try is to put the form in a div and set the width and height of the div so that the text is below that div and the footer will also be pushed down as well.

FrankJay

Corrected

Following your instructions has corrected the display errors. Setting the width of my form from 500px to 600px has also resolved the display error in IE6 & IE7.

Thank you for your help in resolving this error. Much appreciated.

Jimmy Wu

Glad you were able to get the form to display correctly. If you run into any additional issues, feel free to open a new thread.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...