Retrieving transaction information from the payment gateway
LinkPoint performs a form POST containing the information pertinent to your transaction to an http:// location. You must enable the POST of this information and configure the passback location in your LinkPoint account in the following location for this information to be returned to your site:
1. Go to LinkPoint Central and login with your merchant account information.
2. In the top navigation, click the Customization link.
3. In the left navigation, click Settings.
4. Specify the http:// location that the transaction details should be posted to upon completion of the transaction for both the Confirmation and the Failure pages.
5. Select URL is a CGI script to enable the appropriate POST to get the information sent to the specified pages.
6. In addition, if AutoForwarding is selected, the destination pages for the POST are redirected to, and can display the outcome of the transaction on the return to your website.
The WA Local Checkout Response data bindings provides all of the variables passed back to the specified page through the Bindings panel. These bindings can be applied to the page for you to use and store the transaction information on your website.
The variables passed back to your site using this method are the same variables that can be passed to the website initially, as well as information specific to the processing of the transaction that are generated during processing.
Please refer to the LinkPoint (First Data) Connect help documentation referenced at the top of this page for a complete list of the variables available for retrieval from the LinkPoint gateway.