close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Search process misses page titles on site

Thread began 12/28/2009 11:39 am by chall381853 | Last modified 12/30/2009 2:37 pm by Jimmy Wu | 2590 views | 5 replies |

chall381853

Search process misses page titles on site

Hello,

I finally go the search for boss to work, but when I search for something that is mentioned numerous places on the site as well as having it's own page, the page does not show up in the search results. For example, on site www.cortekx.com, document imaging is scattered throughout the site. There is also a separate page (CTX3PDocImaging.html) that has the search words in its title, but this does not show up in the search results. Please let me know what to do to correct this.

Secondly, when the results do show up, is there any way to link to the search words in the results pane to the actual search words that were found on the site?

Lastly, is there any further documentation on Search For BOSS other than the getting started guide?

Regards,

Cliff Hall

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

When I test the behavior on the site, I click on the search link and I get a page not found error. Is there a way you can upload the Search for BOSS functionality to the site?

chall381853

Ready to test on the web site

Hello Jimmy,

Go to CTXContactUs.html and click on the search in the upper right hand of the web page. I have set it up for search on that page only. Please let me know what you find.

Also, is it possible to pay for some help from someone on your support team to help with these type of issues from time to time?

Regards,

Cliff Hall

Jimmy Wu

Is the document imaging page being indexed by yahoo? I tried doing a search on some of the other page titles and the page showed up in the results. The search only happens on yahoo indexed pages.

chall381853

I'll check into that

Thanks Jimmy. I'll check into that page and whether it is indexed on Yahoo.

Jimmy Wu

Thanks, let me know if its indexed and we'll look into it further and see what else could be causing the issue.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...