close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Email Receipt

Thread began 5/03/2009 3:24 pm by warrenphillips25336771 | Last modified 6/10/2009 3:58 pm by Ray Borduin | 2997 views | 7 replies |

warrenphillips25336771Beta Tester

Email Receipt

Hey Guys and Girls

I have set up a static ecommerce shop (due to the fact it only sells 3 different products). Now I have run the cart, Using worldpay, how do I get the ordered stuff emailed as a receipt to the customer, as well as the site owner who dispatches the goods? I know with paypal you can only use universal email with local checkout, but is there a way I can add this to a static site?

Sign in to reply to this post

Travis250923

You can use universal e-mail. What you're referring to w/local checkout is that the Wizard only comes up during the e-cart wizard when using local. I have PayPal standard and used UE to send an e-mail receipt.

sales377016

UE not showing up in local checkout?

Hi

just read this thread and wonder if you could help/advise

I ran ecart checkout wizard but the option for email a receipt didnt come up. I have all latest version of ecart and UE and using Paypal standard

is there a way of creating an email receipt and also showing the details of the purchase on the page (checkout_success.php) this is the page paypal comes back to, but at the moment it justs says order authorised but no details, paypal state that to have the buyer redirected back to my site the page must state the details of whats been paid for etc

thanks
jodie

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You cannot do email receipts or order storage in the database with paypal standard through the wizard.

You would have to create an IPN page manually to get email receipts and order history in your database.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

sales377016

Thanks for replying Ray. I have order history in my database how would I go about creating an IPN page? Are there any tutorials/ instructions anywhere?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You would start by creating a page that will act as your IPN page.

Then you would update your paypal profile from your paypal site and tell it the location of that IPN page.

Then you can add the functionality you need to the IPN page. The first thing you would do is apply the server behavior eCart->add to cart->add to cart from form, and choose "paypal ipn" as the form type.

Read this forum for more information from others going through the same process. I have walked several people through it successfully in the past.

sales377016

thanks, think I can get going with what you have said and will look at some other posts. Opened a new page and created an IPN page, but when I run the server behavior ecart>add to cart>get contents from form, select all the required fields i.e. trigger>valid paypal transaction, and payment gateway>paypal IPN cart, then select ok I get a DW error
while executing onMouseUp in WA ecart Get Form From.htm, a javascript error occurred.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Try clearing your winfilecache. If that doesn't work post a suport incident. It sounds like you are following the correct steps.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...