Originally Said By: Eric Mittman
You will need to make sure that your DW site is setup correctly and defined as a php type of site. Next you will need to ensure that you create a connection to your db and add a recordset to the page. You will need to ensure that you have this page saved to the site.
Once you have done this you should be able to use the show multiple checkbox if you have the recordset selected in the interface. Without having the recordset on the page first though you will not have access to this option.
Is the following workflow correct for allowing site visitors to get driving directions from ProMaps:
1. Purchase and Install ProMaps
2. For static map on existing site, use ProMaps wizard, leaving Show Multiple unchecked
3. For dynamic map, in order to get ProMap option to Show Multiple,:
4. Set up new site from withing Dreamweaver.
4a. For an existing site, Convert page(s)/entire site to Php outside of ProMaps using Dreamweaver (I think) in order "make sure that your DW site is setup correctly and defined as a php type of site".
5,Go to Google, Create and account and and Sign in for Google maps
6.Use local API key number for testing on localhost (in ProMaps HELP file)
7.Get server key from Google when ready to publish to remote host
8. Go to Xampp, create account, sign in,Install and configure Xampp through Xampp
9. Set up database in Dreamweaver using instructions from Dreamweaver, Xampp, Web Assist ProStore and Google.
10. Make a connection to the Database from within Xampp?
11. Create Record set in Dreamweaver page using site, document tupe and testing server information from Xampp, google, etc.
12. Add record set to Dreamweaver page from withing Dreamweaver. Wil need to repeat step 11.
13. Save page to the site from within Dreamweaver
14 Go back to Promaps to access Show Multiple and driving directions
15. Insert map and directions on page
16 Create CSS rules to arrange Map and Directions on page from within Dreamweaver
15.Populate form fields and bind them to database
16 Set parameters for testing on Xampp
I know I have only captured a handfull of the more salient of the required steps, but hope you can lend your expet8ise to the process desctibed above so that I can get ProMaps to help me accomplish setting up a map that is more robust than adding a static map with a default destination.