close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

HTML Editor; two questions

Thread began 12/23/2009 6:13 pm by wombat.56339078 | Last modified 12/31/2009 11:19 am by Dani Chankhour | 3388 views | 10 replies |

wombat.56339078

HTML Editor; two questions

1) Does the license to use the WebAssist HTML Editor allow one to add an editor to others web sites and not just one's own site (ie as a developer).

2) Do WebAssist offer server side scripts (PHP, Perl etc) which parse the submitted message to remove tags and styles not configured for a given instance of the editor.

Regards,

'imself.

Sign in to reply to this post

gruant2000381341

I can answer the first question for ya, yes you can use html (and any of the extensions) on as many sites as you want. You have a developers license when you purchase, I read it somewhere on the site.

gruant2000381341

just remembered where I saw that license info

why-webassist.php

wombat.56339078

gruant2000381341

Thanks for replying; much appreciated.

Regards,

-----------------------------------------------------------------
'imself.
...bug free, my programs do occasionally include undisclosed FREE random features.

Dani Chankhour

gruant2000381341 is right on the first questions. And i just wanted to add that your License will give you two activations, so you can install the HTML Editor on two separate computers and use it as many times as you like.

In regard to your second question, we don't have scripts specific to parsing your message, but if you have explain a little bit more about what you want o happen, i could assist you in writing a php script to remove the some of the tags.

wombat.56339078

Further clarification

I should have been more specific in my first post, sorry about that.

I can use the scripts in my own and other web sites, thank you both.

But what I should have added (of course retaining all webassist copyright notices etc) is could I include the resulting html editor javascript code and images (not the DW plug-in) hooked in to...

1) free-to-use server side (CGI, PHP) program packages like guest books etc written by me? (but not open source).

2) "pay for" server side (CGI, PHP) program packages like a guest books etc written by me?

PS: re the server side parsing of html editor output, thanks for the offer but I could write my own too. However, matching an editors tags / elements configuration it would be easier (I expect, without seeing your product) to use summink like "htmLawed". But I was just asking to see if you supplied similar for your editor; and you have answered that too.

Regards,

'imself.
...bug free, my programs do occasionally include undisclosed FREE random features.

Dani Chankhour

The files that are generated by the HTML Editor is yours and you are welcome to implement the resulting code in any repackaging or applications.

So if you i understood your question correctly, i think the answer is yes to both of your questions.

wombat.56339078

Thanks again all.

Well then I guess I'll get hold of it then. Doh! Just hope it's not about to update soon after though. Will use it on web sites but may or may not go ahead with the script imbedding thing... am sick of fiddling with Tiny M**.

Regards,

'imself.

wombat.56339078

A bit dodgy maybe?

After 5-6 tries keep getting same response...

Error Code-1500
Error Message Possible fraudulent transaction
Order Total $34.99
Retry Order Click here to retry the order

And on the last day of a sale price too! hmmm.

Ah well. Back to Tiny M**.

wombat.56339078

WA payments gateway probs work around

To anybod with WA payment issues.

I have an old PayPal seller account (can be used for payments too). But it only had a few Aus dollars in it.

WebAssist's gateway payments has issues and refused my well used debit card used commonly for web payments... see above.

So quickly created a PP "hosted" pay now button html form via my PP seller account and pasted it in a non public web page.

USED SAME CARD WA's gateway have refused to accept and "instantly" paid to my PP account a covering amount via my pay button form.

Returned to WebAssist HTML Editor page (logged in) and paid for the DW extension via PayPal.

So, while PP are NOT my favorite people these days, that shows one good reason to have a spare?? PP WPS seller account (free) lying around.

Outcome: WA gateway payments have issues with some perfectly good cards. If that was fixed no one would need to go through all this although it took less than a half hour with an existing PP seller account.

PS: would be a giggle if the WA gateway was via PP WPPro!!!

Now, lets have a look at this extension aye.

Regards,

'imself. [phparagon.com]

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...