close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

The Easiest Way To Replicate This Toolbar...

Thread began 12/20/2009 10:06 am by www.BigMusicGeek.com | Last modified 1/07/2010 11:36 am by Eric Mittman | 2148 views | 5 replies |

www.BigMusicGeek.com

The Easiest Way To Replicate This Toolbar...

I recently purchased CSS Menu Writer in an attempt to create a more dynamic version of the toolbar found on the below listed page:

Reviews.html

Any suggestions on what my best options are?

Thanks!

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

When you refer to having a more dynamic menu do you mean that you want these items to come from a db or do you have something else in mind?

It looks like you would be able to use the images in this menu to create one with a similar look and fill. If you want the options to come from a db then you will need to start by creating your connection in DW, then in the menu interface for the contents you can specify to add in dynamic links.

Please post back with some more details and include any questions about the specifics and we will be glad to help you get going in the rite direction on this.

www.BigMusicGeek.com

Originally Said By: Eric Mittman
  When you refer to having a more dynamic menu do you mean that you want these items to come from a db or do you have something else in mind?

It looks like you would be able to use the images in this menu to create one with a similar look and fill. If you want the options to come from a db then you will need to start by creating your connection in DW, then in the menu interface for the contents you can specify to add in dynamic links.

Please post back with some more details and include any questions about the specifics and we will be glad to help you get going in the rite direction on this.  

I am trying to create a 'new and improved' version of my current toolbar by including drop down navigation options. However, when attempting to use the existing images ('Get From File System'), the images do not appear as options.

What am I missing here? Do the images (which are currently saved as .png within my Root folder) need to exist in a specific format?

Thanks!

Eric Mittman

If you are in the design portion of Menu Writer then you should be able to use the folder icon to select the image you would like for the background. If you are working with PNG's you will need to ensure that you have them flattened first or they will not work. In Fireworks you should have this option available to you when you do a save as.

So long as the image is usable you should be able to select it and have it used as the background image in the menu. Please post back with any other questions that you have.

www.BigMusicGeek.com

Originally Said By: Eric Mittman
  If you are in the design portion of Menu Writer then you should be able to use the folder icon to select the image you would like for the background. If you are working with PNG's you will need to ensure that you have them flattened first or they will not work. In Fireworks you should have this option available to you when you do a save as.

So long as the image is usable you should be able to select it and have it used as the background image in the menu. Please post back with any other questions that you have.  

I have flatted the individual button images via Fireworks, but am still unable to select them ('Get From File System') for use with the writer. They do not appear as options.

What am I missing here?

Thanks!

Eric Mittman

Where are you making the choice to get the background image from the file system?

In CSS Menu Writer if you choose to edit the theme and go to the design tab you should be able to select the part of the menu that you want to apply the background to and using the folder logo you can browse to the image to use. Here is a screen shot of this as a reference so you can see if we have the same interfaces. Please post back and include some more info about the exact steps you are taking to implement the background image and perhaps include a screen shot so that we can have a visual reference for the issue.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...