close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Error message when trying to use CSS Menu Writer II

Thread began 12/17/2009 9:40 am by mrobben375515 | Last modified 4/14/2010 1:10 pm by Eric Mittman | 2299 views | 11 replies |

mrobben375515

Error message when trying to use CSS Menu Writer II

This is the error message I get in dreamweaver...

The database connection(s) required for this content preset do not exist in this site. Please create the following connections to use this preset:

Connection:localhost
============================================
Table: productcategories
Columns:CategoryName, CategoryID

....I already delete the file in the dreamweaver folder to clear out the cache. The site works fine and it connects with the database. the url is 1to1marketing-llc.com . What is wrong?

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

There might just be an issue with your connection file. Have you tried deleting the connection then recreating it? This might resolve the problem for you, if not please let us know so we can look into this further with you.

mrobben375515

That did the trick. Thanks!

Eric Mittman

I'm glad that that worked out for you. I have seen similar errors before but they all seem to be sporadic and not tied to a specific setting or cause. Perhaps DW just has issues with certain connections from time to time.

jed193733

Didn't Work for me...

I've got the same issue but the recommended solution didn't work for me. I'm working on this on PowerStore3.

I deleted the database connection and setup a new recordset - still the same error. Any suggestions? I'm trying to access this through the main index page.

Can I do anything by editing the menu.php itself?

neilo

Hiya Jed,

Do you mean you set up a new connection file (Connections/PowerStoreConnection.php), and did you remember to upload it to your remote server?

Had you previously managed to install PowerStore OK and access all of the areas without any problem?

What is the exact errormessage you get when you try to connect to your store?

Scott Noyes

I am having the same problem. I tried the fix but it did not work. I get the problem trying to edit the menu in Powerstore3. everything is connecting fine. It is looking for the table categories when I think it should be looking for ps3_categories

Eric Mittman

Is this an upgraded PowerStore? Are you able to edit any other parts of the store that are dynamic like other recordsets or server behaviors that rely on a db connection?

Scott Noyes

Powerstore 3. just started working with it, everything works fine live. I can add record sets. But it seems to me that the menu is looking categories not ps3_categories.

Eric Mittman

Here is a post that was made about a possible fix for this, please give this a try to see if it helps you with this issue:

showpost.php?p=42499&postcount=6

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...