close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Text not saved / lost

Thread began 12/16/2009 8:46 am by erikpost371097 | Last modified 1/12/2010 3:32 pm by Jason Byrnes | 3014 views | 9 replies |

erikpost371097

Text not saved / lost

When I retrieve for the first time text previously stored in a MySQL table, it is properly displayed.

Then I edit this text and try to save it.

It then appears my edited text is not saved, and, even worse, the original text is deleted from my MySQL table.

When I enter new text, it is not saved.

What am I doing wrong?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

On the update page, do you have an Update record server behavior to update the currant record in the database?

you can use DataAssist to properly create the insert / update and detail pages. Then add HTMLEditor to them.

erikpost371097

Jason, thanks for your reply.
On my page the update/insert form is generated by Dreamweaver Developer Toolbox and has an insert/update server behaviour.

When I don't use the HTML editor on this page, inserting, updating and saving text in the text areas works just fine. All my edited text is stored without any problem in my MySQL table. And retrieved correctly.

When I then add HTML editor to my page and retrieve text for the first time, the previously stored text (so without the editor) is still retrieved correctly. But as soon as I click the "Update" or "Save" button, the text is lost (and not stored again). The text field remains empty when I try to retrieve the text once again from my database table.

Newly entered text disappears in the same way.

Any clues? Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Erik

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Please send a copy of the update page.

erikpost371097

See attachment.
Thanks for your help.

Attached Files
update page.txt

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket to look into the issue with you. To update your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php?

richard.abitbol263730

i have the same pb!!!!

i have the same pb!!!!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket to look into the issue with you. To update your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php?

fidelis331565

I have the same problem

I have the same problem, the first forms it worked, but now everytime I use the HTML Editor the text will not be saved.
I checked the working form with the not working. If I change the Editorsnaam in the tabelname and redo the initial value from the recordset then it works fine.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

sounds like the editor name is being changed. What is being changed from, and what is it being changed to? What is the origianl code and what do you change it ti?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...