close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

CSS Menu Writer

Thread began 12/15/2009 7:23 pm by neo314 | Last modified 12/15/2009 7:23 pm by neo314 | 1004 views | 0 replies |

neo314

CSS Menu Writer

I have some other tools that are far more powerful and flexible, but I have been trying to work with this extension because of its integration with DW WYSIWYG interface, ease of making an SEO friendly menu (the others require a noscript section), and compatibility with other WA extensions I use.

With that in mind, I would like to make a few recommendations to expand the flexibility of the extension:

1. Separate the nesting fields from the filter so that I can use the filter within a nested menu to create different results for different users or user states. This would allow me create a nested menu, but hide menu choices not available to users who are not logged in, or different levels of administrators, or a variety of other conditions.
  2. Allow the use of recordsets as well as tables. This could even take the place of the suggestion above.
  3. This may not be possible, and is certainly something I do not have now, but if I could either see the parent menu items when they are dynamic, or choose the number of preview items to see, I would get a better WYSIWYG view than seeing only a single item.
  4. I have not tried yet, but it appears I will have an issue trying to implement any javascript link. Is that the case? If not, please add information on this to the documentation, and if not, make it conveniently possible.
  5. Lastly, for now, it seems that the "categories" of menus have features which cannot be modified through the GUI when customizing a menu. I looked specifically at glow and the background image behind the menu. It would be nice if the GUI allowed management of all elements of the menu.

Thanx. I am not unhappy with the extension. I just think it could grow a bit. I did notice that the dynamic menu recipe still refers to opening menu.php instead of using the GUI. It might need to be updated.

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...