close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

The From Tab of the Universal Email

Thread began 12/15/2009 11:20 am by tmac55291933 | Last modified 12/17/2009 12:26 pm by Eric Mittman | 1480 views | 5 replies |

tmac55291933

I am having an issue with the amount of characters I can use in the "From Name" field... I was able to use the full department name (up to 20 characters)...now the email will only submit when using 4 characters...we use Microsoft Exchange Server.....not sure if issue could be on that end....I thought I would try this forum first to see if issue is with extension....I am using version 3.06....problem started around same time I upgraded to this version....any insight would be appreciated....thanks in advance.

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

When you say that the email will only submit if you use four characters what happens for you if you use more than 4? This is not an issue that I'm familiar with so any info that you can come up with about the error you are getting and when this happens for you would be very helpful.

tmac55291933

I was using the following ...."Trust Fund Accounting System"....in the From Tab....when user would submit form the email would not be received....I uninstalled extension and reinstalled..still would not work....after trying different things to try and resolve issue I decided to change who it was from to just the initials..."TFAS".....now user's can submit form and receive email....this all started after I upgraded the extension to 3.06

Eric Mittman

I have done some testing of this with both values for the from, I'm able to receive both without issue. I made sure to perform this test with UE 3.0.6. This tells me that UE is sending the email appropriately but that your mail client may be blocking the email with that as the from.

Do you have a way to test this with your own emails? If so you should perform a couple of test with your own email addresses. The first would be the known working from with the initials, then test it with the full 'from' title. If you do not see the email check your junk mail and spam folders to see if it got in there by accident. I think this is the most likely cause of the problem for your users not receiving the email messages.

tmac55291933

Thanks Eric.....i will try that....I figured it may have something to do with something on this end....I will try to test it and see how it goes....thanks again

Eric Mittman

Your welcome, let us know what you discover with your testing or if you have any other issues or questions.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...